Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Jun 6, 2008, 02:17 AM
    Self employed
    My son has the desire to be an independent contractor and be self
    Employed. He has a college degree in Computer Science. I have
    No idea how to go about this endeavor. How would he promote
    Himself to obtain clients. Acting as a consultant. Or troubleshooter.
    Perhaps in professional journals? Some employers might be
    Conformable to this concept, because they do not have to pay
    Benefits or salary. Maybe he would be working on commission
    Or a retainer. But what research should he be doing or what
    Business plan should he set in motion?

Your thoughts will be appreciated.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2008, 03:40 AM
    I definitely have some thoughts about this!

Does he already have business cards made up and maybe a flyer that would promote what he would like to do for people? Those would be the first things that I would like to know...

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unemployment for those who were self-employed [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, We owned a restaurant for four years and had to close it down just about a month ago. When we had the business we took a check on and off and the rest of the times we took draws to pay our bills. Now we have no income what so ever and having very high financial difficulty surviving with...

Am I employed under these conditions? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, a few months ago I signed a contract with Im4radio.com in which I agreed to pay a monthly service as long as they give me their studios to host a radio show. Well, after one month, I was not happy with the station, and now want to terminate the service. However, the station manager is...

F-1: self-employed or employed? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I have suddenly found myself in a situation, and I don't know how to file my taxes. I am here as an F-1 student on OPT, it is my fifth year here. I am primarily a writer. I stayed in the U.S. for an extra year to try to write, and also to apply for graduate school for Fall 2007....

Self Employed [ 1 Answers ]

In 2006 (this year) I managed to earn $60000 as a contractor (I work 100% from home doing programming work) I'm in the state of Texas, so what taxes do I have to file and how many percentage are they? This is my first time being self employed. So far after reading online, ii know I have ot file...

How to pay/file tax: F-1 OPT self-employed [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am on F-1 OPT and would like to work self-employed in the field I studied. More specifically, as an individual engineering consultant. Please help me with the following questions. (1) Is this legal? (2) Are there special procedures I need to go through? (e.g. register business)...

View more questions Search