Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maddie63 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 09:02 PM
    Paintballing? Does it hurt
    Hi I'm going paintballing, and I'm 12, I'm going tomorrow with some friends.

Wondering- does it hurt? I don't want to look like the woosy, I'm already going to watc and they know that but! It looks like fun, but I despertalye need to know if it hurts,

Please help!

Yours sincerely, maddie aka fear of pain?? :confused:
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 5, 2008, 09:44 PM
    My hubby went last year and had a blast. He said that you can definitely feel the paint balls hit you, but it doesn't hurt. Just have fun, and try not to get hit, after all that's the object of the game, be the hunter, not the prey.

Have fun!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2008, 01:04 AM
    Just be sure to wear all of the protective clothing that is advised. I wouldn't think that doing it would be so popular if it hurt a lot or at all. I've never done it, but might try it!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jun 6, 2008, 01:34 AM
    It can sting, but really dependent on the location you are hit and the range.
    After the first couple of hits adrenaline kicks in and you don't notice anything.

You'll end up with a whole bunch of small round hits on your body that are gone within a couple of days. Nothing to worry about and great fun.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2008, 10:16 AM
    I bruise easily (seriously, if I hit anything HUGE bruise) and always walk away from paintball with bruises, but it is worth it!

You'll feel them hit you, but its really not bad.

HAVE FUN! :D
    Spikeman Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Jun 26, 2008, 07:18 PM
    It hurts enough to let you know that you have been hit but not enough to make you never want to try the sport again.

I have been playing since junior high and I currently play on my college's paintball team and from the million of times I have been hit it has never truly hurt enough to discourage me from playing.
    Treeny Posts: 229, Reputation: 20

Jun 26, 2008, 08:12 PM
    Yes it can hurt! It is fun but wear protective layers of clothes!
    My nephew shot my sister once and she was only wearing regular clothes and she went down and looked like she was really shot. She got the air knocked out of her and a bruise the size of a large baseball!
    Have fun but be ready!
    Spikeman Posts: 36, Reputation: 5

Jun 26, 2008, 08:16 PM
    And most of all when you do play if anyone has a chronograph make sure all the markers are below the 300fps mark. Because when safely played paintball is safer then fishing and golf(don't believe me look up the stats) and its only when people do not wear proper face and eye protection and have markers shooting hot is when you get stories that hurt the sport
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 26, 2008, 10:21 PM
    Long sleeve for sure and a couple layers is good, rear the pads and face guard. Yep it hurts but not as much when it is happening, you are too "into it" after you will notice being sore and a few bruises.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does it hurt? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I'm new, not sure if this is the right category. My boyfriend has been going on about doing me up the bum for about a year now, he says he wants to try it. And he says he should be the first to do it to me. I was just wondering does it hurt if you have tried it?

Should I be hurt? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok long story in its shortest possible capacity :D : I was 16.5 when I became friends with a 21 yr old. After 2-3 monthes we knew we'd want to be more then friends in the future. Due to our religion I don't date until I'm 18 (in two monthes) which is fine by me. My friend said that was fine...

Paintballing next wkend. [ 2 Answers ]

Thers a few ov us going paintballing next weekend in edinboro.. and as we've never been before was just wondering if anyone had any tips or advice on what to wear.. cheers :D

View more questions Search