Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zapper Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 08:56 PM
    Numbness
    The lower left rib area is aching and I have numbness of the skin above my top left ab muscle and on the lower left rib area... If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated
    Joey G Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 09:13 PM
    Did you have any rash on this area before you developed your symptoms? May I ask your age? Do you also have a burning type sensation? Herpes Zoster, AKA "shingles" is a possibility. It affects the nerves, usually on one side (rarely a crossover). Shingles is the re-activation of the chickenpox virus and in adults it can present as such as opposed to the scattered rash we all know in childhood. Hope this helps. Joey G.
    zapper Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2008, 12:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by zapper
    The lower left rib area is aching and i have numbness of the skin above my top left ab muscle and on the lower left rib area... If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated
    It did feel a little itchy but there was no rashes and it does feel a little like having a burning type sensation. I'm 17 yrs old
    Joey G Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2008, 05:26 PM
    Hi Zapper,

You are considered an adult and at least in my opinion with the limited information and not being able to evaluate you, it sounds like you may have a mild case of shingles. I would at least try something you can apply to the aching or painful area. There is a product that does not require a prescription, called ZOSTRIX. It is worth a try however if your symptoms do not improve or if it gets worse, I recommend have it evaluated by a health professional. If it is indeed Shingles, if it is more than 48 hours since you had the symptoms, there is no treatment available. We usually just give medications to help the pain. Hope you feel better. Joey G

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Numbness and tingling [ 1 Answers ]

First off. I'm making an appointment with my doctor. I'm kind of hoping for some opinions and possibly some other things I should think to tell her about when I see her. Following are the symptoms I'm having: Tingling and tenderness on my right side, about midway up my torso. It has been...

Numbness when riding [ 1 Answers ]

Often when riding my bicycle for an extended period I experience numbeness in my penis. What's Reason? Seat ? What's up with this. Very unconfortable.

Numbness in right leg [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there can anybody help me?. Over the last 6 months I have had like a numb tingling type of sensatiom in my right thigh at he front and side of my thigh to just above the knee... I have mentioned this on several occasions to my gp but I don't get any explanations as to what this could be... Does...

Numbness in arms [ 1 Answers ]

::)What could cause my arms to suddenly go numb and feel so heavy.I can't lift them when this happens. They feel like dead weight. It comes on suddenly,just out of nowhere.It will last for about five or so minutes,then they just feel funny for a little while after.Thank you for any help you can...

View more questions Search