Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steve 777 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 06:11 PM
    Feeling a pulse sensation and throbbing pain in lower back
    I have a throbbing pain and a sensation of a heartbeat, in my lower back? Please Help
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 5, 2008, 06:20 PM
    Do you have that sensation when you are standing, sitting or lying down? Do you also feel it in your abdomen? Have you done anything physical, such as lifting or exercise recently?

How old are you? Are you on any meds?

I'm sorry that I have to answer a question with so many questions, but I need a clear picture painted before I can even attempt an answer.

Jun 5, 2008, 06:40 PM
    Thank You. Q 1- I feel this when standing and sitting. Q 2- I don't know if this would have anything to do with your ? But I do feel uncomfortably bloated after eating small amounts of food lately. Q 3- I have started to lift again recently, no lower back lifts yet. Q 4- I'm 38 Q 5- I take creatine approx 10 grams a day, have taken this many times before with no negative side effects. WOW hate to be a pian. After answering your ?'s I realize this is going to be difficult to diagnose. Please just give me your opinions.
    Expert

Jun 5, 2008, 07:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by steve 777
    WOW hate to be a pian.
    You aren't a pain, that is what we are here for. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by steve 777
    I realize this is going to be difficult to diagnose. Please just give me your opinions.
    Not only is it difficult to diagnose, but over the internet it is virtually impossible. You see, we can't to x-rays, we can't do MRI's or CT scans (which all may or may not be necessary), we don't know your medical history and we cannot do a physical exam.

Now, it may or may not be a muscle sprain or strain. A simple turn of the head or neck can do this.

You mention a "heartbeat" like feeling, is it a heartbeat or a throbbing pain? Stabbing? Can you describe the pain? On a scale of 0 to 10, with 10 being the worst pain in your life, can you rate the pain?

Jun 6, 2008, 09:58 AM
    Thanks, I would say it's a 3 mostly uncomfortable. Its definitely a throbbing pain but sometimes feeling like a pulse in my lower back. If I stretch it seems to ease the pain, it's the throbbing that has me worried it could be my kidneys.
    kmg79 Posts: 10, Reputation: 3

Jun 6, 2008, 10:04 AM
    Sounds like you pulled it and may have a pinched nerve. Acute lower back pain can last a day or even a week. Take it easy, alternate between 20 minutes of hot and 20 minutes of cold. Take Advil every 6 hours as needed for pain. Advil is an NSAID (non-steroidal anti inflammatory) it will help to bring down the irritation. If the pain is severe or you feel any numbness or tingling sensations in the area it is throbbing or down your legs (one or both) call your doctor immediately. I have 3 herniated discs in my lower back, I feel your pain.
    Jerry5670 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2008, 02:17 PM
    Well I just wanted to let Steve that I have been having the same throbbing (sensation) in my lower back side as well. I think it might be my bed matress because its kind of springy.. Almost might be a muscle strain feeling...
    jdnoslo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2010, 10:35 PM
    I have had this same recurring pain in my lower back (right side). I thought it was my kidney for a long time. This has been going on in my case for over three years now and that alone rules out almost every cause. The only thing I can think of at this point is either an enlarging aneurysm or Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Good luck to all who share this pain.
    Expert

Dec 6, 2010, 10:46 PM

Two year old thread closed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Throbbing sensation around the kidney area lower back [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Guys, does anyone know what may be the cure or cause or what is my situation. I have a throbbing sensation in my lower back region. It is not severe but it is a feeling like blood is pumping the same as my heartbeat into the area. More prominent at night. Thank You... :confused:

Right lower back pain [ 2 Answers ]

I have had this pain now going on two weeks. It really seems to hurt the most when I bend over or raise my right leg to sit on the edge of the bed. Sitting down can also be a challage at times. I have went to several doctors and they can't give me a answer to what or why it is hurtting so bad. In...

Lower abdominal pain and back pain [ 1 Answers ]

Constant pain in lower abdomen. Bleeding since birth of second child in July

Lower back pain [ 5 Answers ]

I woke up this mornin and my back is killing me... right around the area I had a epiderial... im queasy and have a pit in my stomach for like 2 weeks now... I have also had a lot of heart burn recently... more then usual... I did take a hpt but it was negative.. like 4 days ago... and my peiord...

Pain in lower back. [ 3 Answers ]

Been having a constant pain in my right side. Kind of in my back. And lately been having the urge to go to the bathroom a lot more then usual. And when I have to go to the bathroom the pain get worse and it hurts bad enough to cry. And the pain spreads all over. It hurts to lay on my left side. And...

View more questions Search