Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Boswee Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2006, 02:28 PM
    Why does she care?
    Im 20 years old, but anyway I was wondering why do girls care about what size there clothes are? I mean I could understand for some but I've been going out with this girl for awhile and I would like to buy her clothes as a gift. But she won't tell me her jean size or anything, I got to look at her shirt size but then she hit me. So why does she care if I know, that's what I want to know. If you could tell me what size 4 5 6 3 2 1 0 is that would be helpful. Like is size 4 like size 27 or something like that?
    kp42484 Posts: 39, Reputation: 16

Mar 6, 2006, 03:00 PM
    Hi,

First off, let me honestly tell you that buying clothes for someone as a gift tends to not be a good idea.

About clothing sizes, all women are different, but for the most part think of it as being as off-limits as asking a woman's age. Unless you're interested in her, it usually comes off as rude. Since you two are dating, the age question is obviously not taboo, but it helps you understand her offense at it. Women like to be perceived as younger, prettier, and more well-mannered than they really are (doesn't everyone?). They're just more sensitive than guys. For you, your clothing size is no big deal. But for women, the smaller the dress size, the thinner (and therefore more attractive, in her view) she is. This is not true for all women, but is apparently true for yours! Or, maybe she likes her privacy!

In my opinion, she's either being too sensitive or really wishes to keep her sizes a mystery to you so that you don't judge her too harshly (some men have the idea that the smaller the woman, the more sexy she is--not true! ).

The best help I can give you is to assure her that no matter what size she wears, you love her anyway. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Maybe if you let her know that she's pretty just how she is, she'll open up about the dress sizes.

Hope this helps!
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Mar 6, 2006, 06:35 PM
    If anything I would get her a gift certificate to her favorite clothing store.. then she can pick out what she likes. We girls are funny about things like that. Not every girl is like that though, she may just feel a bit self conscious about her body even if she's a size 2 she may have a hang up about having you know. Just talk to her and say that you love her no matter what and that she doesn't have to be ashamed or embarresed about her body.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2006, 06:53 AM
    Hi,
    You are 20 yrs old? Learning what to buy women as gifts, presents, etc, can be a frightful experience. Most of us learn what NOT to buy by experiencing the old "letdown" looks from the person we give them to!
    Don't buy clothes! Girls and women are very particular about their sizes, and not wanting anyone knowing what size they wear; unless of course, it's the smallest size made.
    Buy her something else, such as flowers, perfume, or something she has as a hobbie, such as electronic stuff music players, etc.
    I do wish you the best of luck.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2006, 12:41 PM
    Talk to another girl who knows the girl you're going out with. She could probably give you a good indication of what size to buy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Um.. I just don't know what to do.. Care to help? [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, I broke it off with my boyfriend of 3 months because I was listening to everyone else telling me that he didn't treat me right and that he was always cheating on me. I heard that stuff from girls completely obsessed with him, and my mom told me to break it off and then my best friend, who used...

Um.. I just don't know what to do.. Care to help? [ 5 Answers ]

Ok, I broke it off with my boyfriend of 3 months because I was listening to everyone else telling me that he didn't treat me right and that he was always cheating on me. I heard that stuff from girls completely obsessed with him, and my mom told me to break it off and then my best friend, who used...

Skin Care [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a sister that for many years I notice that her neck was really dark. I asked her why and to acted liked she was a shamed and I didn't wan't her to feel that way but I wanted to know. She came out and told me that she never really took care of her skin and that it was dirt that was...

Skin Care [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, :confused: Do these fairness products really work? I have oily skin and acne problem. Till now not even one product has been able to solve my problems completely. Is there any product will work for my skin type…? Regards, Lauren

Nail Care [ 2 Answers ]

My nails are prone to grow ingrown and since it such an early stage as you can say I guess. Few sources suggests that I can treat it at home by the following: Soaking it in warm water twice a day. Trimming it straight  and smooth sharp edges with an emry board. Then elavate the nail and...

View more questions Search