Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SkyGem Posts: 177, Reputation: 18

Jun 5, 2008, 05:26 PM
    More political heartburn for Obama. Will McCain capitalize on this?
    The news reports that the verdict is in. The question is: Will Republican Presidential Nominee John McCain capitalize on this and other stories surrounding Obama and his friends?

ABC News: Verdict Brings Unwanted Friend to Obama Victory Party
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2008, 05:39 PM
    Get ready for *Johnny Who?* to get blasted by a REAL SCANDAL... the Keating Five... Johnny is not going to like to have that brought up and harped on during a Presidential Election.

That's just the beginning. :)
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Jun 5, 2008, 06:50 PM
    Only if McCain's hungry enough to eat crow during a national live debate. I don't think his handlers are that stupid. Wait a minute! On second thought... never mind. Anyway I think it's more than likely that the Republican think-tank might try to slip this in as McCain butchers another teleprompter speech. BTW Rezko was tried through a court of law, not a witch trial with judge John McCain wearing a wig and looking for dimple on Obama's chin.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2008, 03:50 AM
    He is already tried and convicted. When he starts to talk a lot of Chi-town pols are going to run for cover. But this is just another close associate of the big O that he misjudged .
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2008, 04:29 AM
    My Sky - don't you have a little obsessive/compulsive thing going about Obama. That's all you can think about. I think you love him. :)
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Jun 6, 2008, 05:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55
    he is already tried and convicted. When he starts to talk alot of Chi-town pols are going to run for cover. But this is just another close associate of the big O that he misjudged .

Dubya, Cheney, McCain, etc... they're going under the bus in November. :)
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Jun 11, 2008, 07:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyGem
    The news reports that the verdict is in. The question is: Will Republican Presidential Nominee John McCain capitalize on this and other stories surrounding Obama and his friends?

ABC News: Verdict Brings Unwanted Friend to Obama Victory Party
    [You may have heard of Rev. John Hagee, the McCain supporter who said God created Hurricane Katrina to punish New Orleans for its homosexual "sins". Well now meet Rev. Rod Parsley, the televangelist megachurch pastor from Ohio who hates Islam. According to David Corn of Mother Jones, Parsley has called on Christians to wage war against Islam, which he considers to be a "false religion". In the past, Parsley has also railed against the separation of church and state, homosexuals, and abortion rights, comparing Planned Parenthood to Nazis. John McCain actively sought and received Parsley's endorsement in the presidential race. McCain has called Parsley "a spiritual guide"]

The above quote is from a Nation article: "McCain's Pastor: US Should Destroy Islam"

Just one of the many problems McCain has "throwing stones"...
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 11, 2008, 07:47 AM
    To update : We have discussed Hagee ,and the distinction between McCain seeking his support compared to Obama attending and keeping Rev Wright as a personal spiritual adviser for 20 years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Where would Hillary, McCain, and Obama appear on the chart? What about you? [ 2 Answers ]

Are you willing to take the test? If so, it's free: The Political Compass - Test

A Political Joke from a Non-Political Person, LOL [ 5 Answers ]

Hi... thought this was funny and wanted to share it with all of you... A little boy goes to his dad and asks, "What is politics?" Dad says, "Well son, let me try to explain it this way: I am the head of the family..so call me the President..... Your mother is the administrator of the...

Capitalize or Expense [ 2 Answers ]

If a company incurs a lot of development expenses relating to setting up their website through which they do their business, can you capitalize these expenses or doyou have to expense

Capitalize or Expense Costs? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I need some help please... Think specifically about the costs that a company pays out each day.Some accountants will allow you to capitalize some (if not most) of these items (and only incur amortization expenses year over year) while others will advise you expense them all in...

Capitalize or Expense [ 3 Answers ]

Computer consultants fixed bugs and made enhancements to our proprietary software. The cost is large enough to capitalize but should I expense?

View more questions Search