Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thesdkid Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 04:23 PM
    Finding My Father
    I need help trying to find my father. Anyone have any suggestions ?

I have tried Craigs List Postings, I have written any current addresses that I have found on the web.

I am not having any luck... And I do not want to pay for anymore BS from sites on the net.

HELP.

Thanks,

T
    RedneckMama Posts: 103, Reputation: 17

Jun 5, 2008, 07:42 PM
    Have you had any follow ups on the letters you've sent to potential addresses? Typically if you know the addresses, you can also get the phone numbers... Maybe you should call the numbers and ask if they have any info that might lead you in the right direction...

It's hard to offer you advice without knowing the information you already have on your father... Do you know what his name is.. what state he lives in... where he works... A little more info and I might be able to help you out!

Good luck...
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2008, 08:41 PM
    It would also help to know why you are wanting to find your father. Knowing that would help the folks here in giving you the best answers.

Thanks!
    Hobbershall Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 08:42 PM
    I've had terrific luck finding people with
    Free People Search by ZabaSearch!

Jun 6, 2008, 09:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RedneckMama
    Have you had any follow ups on the letters you've sent to potential addresses? Typically if you know the addresses, you can also get the phone numbers...Maybe you should call the numbers and ask if they have any info that might lead you in the right direction...

It's hard to offer you advice without knowing the information you already have on your father...Do you know what his name is..what state he lives in...where he works...A little more info and I might be able to help you out!

Good luck...
    Thanks !

Here is more info.

I was born in 1970 in Virginia. My father Gary Lee Disandro and my mother Carolyn Ethington where married and had me. Anthony W Disandro, my father and mother use to do Acid " hey it was the time right lol " my father had old school parents and felt he had mental problems so they had him commintted. Anyway, from what I hear he freaked out and was given electric shock therapy, " not good". So, my Mom left him and moved back home with me at like a year old. The DiSandro family looked for me for a long time. From what I hear he was very very hurt by me being taken away.

Now, fast forward to the early 90's and I had a daughter, so I tried to find my own father and I did for a bit. I had a few conversasions with him when I was 23 or so. It was very sad and I was not really dealing with it very well. I was angry, hurt ,confused, and all the rest. And very young I might add. He seemed so lost mentally.

So, now I am a little bit older and I would like to think a little wiser and I want to speak with him very very badly. I lost my adopted father last year to drug abuse and it made me realise a lot in my life. I have a lot of feelings and thoughts that need to be let out.

That's my story.

Tony
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Jun 6, 2008, 12:12 PM
    Gary L. Disandro (Age 55)
    Arrania M. Disandro (Age63)
    VIRGINIA BEACH, VA.

If any of this looks familiar I will continue searching for you.

Jun 6, 2008, 02:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gem_22205
    Gary L. Disandro (Age 55)
    Arrania M. Disandro
    VIRGINIA BEACH, VA.

If any of this looks familiar I will continue searching for you.
    Here is more info.

I was born in 1970 in Virginia. My father Gary Lee Disandro and my mother Carolyn Ethington where married and had me. Anthony W Disandro, my father and mother use to do Acid " hey it was the time right lol " my father had old school parents and felt he had mental problems so they had him commintted. Anyway, from what I hear he freaked out and was given electric shock therapy, " not good". So, my Mom left him and moved back home with me at like a year old. The DiSandro family looked for me for a long time. From what I hear he was very very hurt by me being taken away.

Now, fast forward to the early 90's and I had a daughter, so I tried to find my own father and I did for a bit. I had a few conversasions with him when I was 23 or so. It was very sad and I was not really dealing with it very well. I was angry, hurt ,confused, and all the rest. And very young I might add. He seemed so lost mentally.

So, now I am a little bit older and I would like to think a little wiser and I want to speak with him very very badly. I lost my adopted father last year to drug abuse and it made me realise a lot in my life. I have a lot of feelings and thoughts that need to be let out.

That's my story.

Tony

Jun 6, 2008, 02:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    It would also help to know why you are wanting to find your father. Knowing that would help the folks here in giving you the best answers.

Thanks!
    Here is more info.

That's my story.

Tony
    RedneckMama Posts: 103, Reputation: 17

Jun 7, 2008, 06:01 AM
    Tony,
    I definitely understand the need to find your father.. missing parts of your past can stay missing for a long while; and then you grow up a little and maybe have kids of your own and all of a sudden you feel this overwhelming need to reconnect...

I do wish you the best... I'd start with the last place you talked to him and not give up until you find him again... Google him, white page phone number lookup... start with the basic free stuff and keep searching every lead...

Good luck
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 7, 2008, 06:11 AM
    Hello Tony:

I wouldn't be paying these BS internet sites either. I WOULD go down the street in your home town and hire a private investigator. If he can be found, THAT is the guy who can do it. Course, you got to shop around.

excon
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Jun 11, 2008, 01:12 PM
    There are five, "Disandro's", which all live in the Virginia Beach area.

Sybil M. Disandro
    Roland F.
    Ronald F.
    Judy E.
    Gary L.
    And Arrania M.

I would definitely begin with any of them. The name, "Disandro", is unique to that locality.

Good-Luck.
    cmag Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jun 17, 2008, 10:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by thesdkid
    I need help trying to find my father. Anyone have any suggestions ?

I have tried Craigs List Postings, I have written any current addresses that i have found on the web.

I am not having any luck..... And I do not want to pay for anymore BS from sites on the net.

HELP.

Thanks,

T
    I had tried for a while in search of my own. I was able to locate last know address's from several yrs ago. I then a fe copies of the same letter to all of the last known residence that I had. Seeing as it is a federal offense to open another's mail, I attached a note addressed to anyone who received it that it was OK to open and they may have been able to help me. Well, a few weeks later I received a phone call from his sister who received one of the letters-now I have known him 9 yrs. So my suggestion to you is to make sure, in any letters you send that you include some small note of urgency on the envelope itself. People will feel more comfortable opening it and probably pretty willing to help. Good luck to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding Biological Father [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 15 year old and all my life I have known that somewhere out there is the other half of me. This is all the information I have: Brian (or Bryan) Keith Odom Age: 31-35 Brown Hair, Hazel Eyes Last seen in Ft Worth/Dallas TX area.:( Please help me. I could use it.

Finding my Father [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to find my dad that I have not seen since I was 2 years old. I met him once when I was 16 to ask a whole bunch of questions and he is homeless I think. I just need help finding him so that I can help him get back on his feet. I live in New Hampshire and I think he does to somewhere. His...

Finding father [ 1 Answers ]

[I'm looking for my father I haven't seen him since I was about two years old and now I'm 37years old I have very little info on him but his name is johnny williiams and he got into some trouble when I was a little girl I heard he might be in detroit and he use to live in oakland ca

Finding my father [ 3 Answers ]

I'm trying to find my father... his name is Dock Eugene Price... but everywhere I look for some kind of number you have to either join a site or pay a ridiculous amount just for a phone number... do you know how I can find him. Or a phone number for free. Please email me if you can help me out.

View more questions Search