Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Jun 5, 2008, 02:32 PM
    tooth extraction
    A little over three years ago when I was prgnant with my daughter one of my fillings came out and I never had it fixed, over the past two months it has got much worse and now I can't bear the pain, I made a trip to the dentist today to see if they could pull it and he said that the x ray showed a ball under the tooth and it would have to be surgicaly removed.
    What does this ball mean, and why did it cause him to suggest surgery?
    thanks
    topladyj Posts: 323, Reputation: 13

Jun 5, 2008, 02:36 PM
    I don't know about the ball but I wanted to inform you its not as bad as it sounds you have to go to an oral surgeon. I went to one for my three wisdom teeth and never got knocked out cause I didn't want to pay two hundred for it. If your insurance doesn't cover it and you are in pain, you might want to give a school a try. I went to Oklahoma university and got them all pulled for 251 dollars, good luck and I hope you get the answer you were looking for. Bless you hope you get out of pain soon.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2008, 03:07 PM
    I have to admit, in all my years of dentistry I have never heard of anything being described as a "ball" under a tooth. Did he show you the x-ray to explain what he saw? Do you have an abscess? Gum boil? Where in your mouth is this tooth?
    I just need a little more clarification before I can even understand why this treatment has been recommended.
    crystalbivens Posts: 489, Reputation: 26

Jun 5, 2008, 03:19 PM
    he said it was a ball and gave me a copy of the x-ray to take when I get the extraction, he said the ball was the reason he coldnt take it out, it tooth 19botton left
    thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tooth pain after extraction [ 4 Answers ]

I had a tooth pulled about 5 days ago, 3 days after the extraction a tooth on the same jaw(lower) started to hurt, the tooth that was pulled was the very back tooth (bottom) the tooth that is now in pain is a front (lower) tooth. Is this related to the extraction? Or what!

Tooth Extraction [ 5 Answers ]

Hi My middle molar (used for chewing) broke of from the side, and I went to see the dentist who informed me that the tooth was dead and under the gum infected, so I have to take the tooth out inorder to prevent the infection from spreading to the other molar (the last one at the back). But my...

Extraction of tooth [ 5 Answers ]

I am told that my tooth is 70% bad but it is strong. Is it necessary to extract now or I can wait till tooth is little bit loose or shakey? Please answer

Tooth Extraction in a 3 Yr Old [ 6 Answers ]

Okay, my son's front tooth is kind of loosen (or least when I wiggle it). He does not complain of any pain, but the tooth is getting darker (like a brownish color). We have an Dentist Appt. already made, but my concern is will the Dentist want to extract the tooth?

Total tooth extraction [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is 43. Yesterday she had all her teeth pulled and new ones Put in. She did OK until late last night, when she began throwing up. She Told me the teeth had to go. Now she is waiting for the swellilng to go down So she can put them back in. Is this going to happen soon, as she has...

View more questions Search