Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    envisablepuppet Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 02:10 PM
    I'm trying to remember who wrote these short stories.
    I think they were in Ray Bradbury books of short stories but I'm not sure. I was a teen when I read them and I'm almost sure he was the author.

One was about a man that gets off a train intending to murder a complete stranger just to see how it feels. Then he meets another man at the station who has the same plan and is considering him as his victim.

The other is a story about a women who drives along a certain route and becomes younger and more adventurous as she drives.

I thought they might be in The Illustrated Man but couldn't find a reference to them.

I have a few others I have been trying to find for a long time but will start with these two.

Hope someone can help. Thanks.

Lea
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2008, 10:59 AM
    Here is a place to start your search,hope it helps.
    Short Stories Cross-Reference

Funes Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2008, 01:09 PM
    The "woman getting younger" story sounds like "mrs. Todd's shortcut" by stephen King

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wanted: Your Favorite Short Halloween Stories and Jokes!" [ 158 Answers ]

For some of us, the observance of the holiday of Halloween is almost here! I am just looking for people to share some favorite short, maybe scary - maybe not, Halloween stories and fun Halloween jokes. Simple jokes, rhymes, riddles, silly, childish, etc. Just a catch-all of some of what you...

Writing short stories and an autobiography in segments [ 1 Answers ]

I have never submitted a story of mine to any publisher, book company, etc. is there a specific way to do this? How do I even start? Is there a specific way my material needs to be packaged/presented? Do I single space it, double space it? Where would the best place be to legitimately send it...

Short stories develop into a character study [ 1 Answers ]

Which one of the following short stories takes a series of completely ordinary events and develops them into character study? A. "Paul's Case" B. "A Private History of a Campaign That Failed" C. "Young Goodman Brown" D. "A Pair of Silk Stockings"

Stories from India Stories from Mexico Stories from Japan [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for children's series books with the following titles: (they are a series by the same author/publisher) Stories from India Stories from Mexico Stories from Japan Other countries also not just these three

Does anyone write short stories? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I write a lot of short stories. It is so much fun. I put them on the internet for all to read. There is a special place on the net you can write your stories. We all compare our stories and talk about them. Mine are fiction so far. Just wanted to know if there is anyone out there who likes...

View more questions Search