Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2008, 01:08 PM
    Creating sitemap as XML & web placement
    Not sure if I'm putting this in the right category.

I need some help with figuring out where/how to upload a sitemap to my website.

I keep getting an error that the file is not high enough up in my directory. I built the site myself and this is my first foray into anything to do with the web. So I have no clue how to move the file up higher.

If anyone can be of some assistance I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Jun 7, 2008, 06:12 AM
    Your sitemap file has to be in the main directory, usually something like public_html, where your index.html file resides.

You can move it through the control panel that's available when you login to your web hosting service. Alternatively, you can move it with an FTP client; I recommend and have used both Cyberduck for the Mac and Filezilla for Windows (both free - Filezilla also has Mac and Linux versions).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pot Filler Placement [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, we are building a new house and we want to put a pot filler above the stove. Our plumber has asked me where to place the pot filler. I need help? Any suggestions on high above the stove we should place the pot filler. Thanks

I want to make sitemap to my blogger [ 4 Answers ]

I want to make sitemap to my blogger I'm already create it by using Create your Google Sitemap Online - XML Sitemapsthen I download it on my desktop But how can I upload it to my root directory for my blogger Please any one can respose me as soon as possible Best regards Tamer

Toolbar placement [ 3 Answers ]

I feel ridiculous. Somehow I managed to move the toolbar (clock, LAN settings, virus protection on the right; short cuts like IE, FOXfire, etc. on the left) from the bottom of my computer screen, around to the right, and then to the top of my screen and I can't seem to move it back. There must be...

View more questions Search