Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dawny-dawn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 12:34 PM
    Name to a movie
    Hi everyone, my name is Dawn. I'm new to this site. I have been looking for a movie the past 4 months. I can not remember the name. I thought it was shipwreck, but it's not. It's kind of like the Swiss Family Robinsons. Its about a man and his 2 daughters. They head out to sea on a boat. In the beginning of the movie, a little black boy stows away on their boat. Also a lady (not the mom or wife) in on the boat. I think she is a reporter. They end up shipwreck and in one part of the movie a bear tries to attack them. I believe this movie take place in the late 1970s or early 1980s. PLEASE HELP... Thank you, Dawn
    Gem_22205 Posts: 976, Reputation: 129

Jun 5, 2008, 12:57 PM
    I believe the movie is called, "The Sea Gypsies".

The Sea Gypsies (1978)

I believe this is what you are looking for.

Enjoy it again!
    mcpoeman Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Jun 7, 2008, 10:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dawny-dawn
    Hi everyone, my name is Dawn. I'm new to this site. I have been looking for a movie the past 4 months. I can not remember the name. I thought it was shipwreck, but it's not. It's kinda like the Swiss Family Robinsons. Its about a man and his 2 daughters. They head out to sea on a boat. In the begining of the movie, a little black boy stows away on thier boat. Also a lady (not the mom or wife) in on the boat. I think she is a reporter. They end up shipwreck and in one part of the movie a bear tries to attack them. I beleive this movie take place in the late 1970s or early 1980s. PLEASE HELP..... Thank you, Dawn
    Sounds like shipwrecked with goldie hawn?
    giani513 Posts: 179, Reputation: 47

Jun 7, 2008, 09:22 PM
    I agree with Gem... although I remember the movie was called "Shipwreck". I remember the Stowaway was named Jesse, the reporter woman caught a goose in the water, a Grizzly Bear chase. On IMBD, look at the poster for "The Sea Gypsies"(1978). It does say aka. Shipwreck as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very Very Vague Description of 80's Children Movie... Need movie title [ 8 Answers ]

Ok there's probably no hope here but I'll try anyway... There is a movie I watched when I was very young and would like to get a hold of it. It was in the mid 80's when I watched it but the movie could have been made in the 70's sometime. Pretty much the only part I can remember is these...

Can't remember name of movie- 80's -90's family movie [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to remember the name of a movie that I used to watch when I was younger. It may have only been a television movie I am not certain. The movie was about two girls in high school. One was quite popular and the other was labeled a "nerd". The two got in trouble and their punishment was...

Late 80's movie or early 90's movie [ 2 Answers ]

I remember this movie where there is this girl who has long red hair and she lives with her mom and grandpa and she want to trade places with the rich popular girl. And they do switch.. I can't remember the name of the movie can anyone help me??

What movie name? Movie type: adventure/ treasure/ pirates [ 1 Answers ]

Movie type: adventure/ treasure/ pirates Begins in the winter, a boys father is asked to return as a sailor on a ship; the boy decides to go in place of his dad. The boy is joined by two family friends, an older young man (character name might be Jense) and a young woman. The boy becomes...

View more questions Search