Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jbsbenson Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 08:09 AM
    We have a lot of static electricity.
    Someone worked on my parents house awhile ago and they mentioned that my parents could have a lot of built up electricity running through the house. It was a satellite TV installer, so I am not sure if that is possible. The lines hold as much electricity as they can then we turn stuff on.
    My question is we have a lot of electricity in our house. Plus our clock radio makes a loud buzzing sound all of the time. We have used 3 clock radios and they all do the same thing. We also have a under cabinet radio in our kitchen and it does the same thing, it's just not as loud. We have wood floors in our kitchen, dining and front room. Tile in our bathroom, and we only have carpet in two bedroom.
    Of all of the places that I have lived, I have never had this much problem with static electricity, does anyone have any tips, answers, etc...
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2008, 08:13 AM
    Have you tried using a humidifier?

Raising the humidity level will help to eliminate some of the static electricity.

With the mention of the buzzing radios, I'm not sure that static is the problem, I would suspect something may be wrong with the way the home is grounded?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Static Electricity Zap in the Shower [ 4 Answers ]

What can you do if someone is getting Static Electricity Zap while in the Shower when she touches the knob? How can you eliminate the static Zap?

Static electricity of a trampoline [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know what methods I could do to prove there is static electricity in a trampoline without having to buy anything?

Static electricity build up on the body [ 3 Answers ]

How can the build up of static electricity be avoided? Is the only way to dissipate it to ground oneself out and suffer that electrical shock from the discharge?

View more questions Search