Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    megaman87 Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2006, 10:11 AM
    Missing tooth
    My pitbull is missing a premolar behind the canine on the upper mouth so I would like to know if its because he lost it as a 6 months puppy or because is just not suppose to be there and is something wrong with him not eating as much as he should be he only eats enough to walk he is not eating sufficient I wonder ir that tooth is the problem so I can take him to the vet I took him last time and he said he was okay because I didn't see bones on his ribs or anywhere but to me he is kind of skinny so can someone help me please ?

Thank you
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2006, 12:12 PM
    How old is he now? It is common for dogs to have gaps between their teeth at 6 months. Big thing to look for are canines digging into the other gum. Some dogs may not have all their teeth until later. If the gap is still there the next time you are at the vet's, ask about it.

I have given you a good guide to the proper weight for your dog. Your vet apparently supports what I said. A couple other Pit Bull owners here have suggested your dog may not be big as you would like. A quote from the well regarded The Art of Raising a Puppy by the Monks of New Skete, ''However, beware of overfeeding; it is always better to keep your puppy on the lean side rather than let her get too heavy.'' If you still have doubts, maybe ask a second vet.

My Lab Nita was only 32 pounds at 5 months. She will be a vary small Lab. After her training as a dog guide, likely the school will give her to a small lady. My wife keeps saying if we ever get the nice big dog I want, I am going to ride with it in the passenger's foot well while she drives.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tooth abscess. [ 19 Answers ]

I recently had a crown come out and had to go to the dentist to have it put back on. The dentist took an x-ray and told me I had some infection in that tooth and I'd need a root canal. I was started on antibiotics yesterday and a few hours after seeing the dentist my tooth started hurting. It's...

Tooth whitening [ 4 Answers ]

About the laser whitening in the dentist's office, has anyone has that procedure done, and if so, what were the results? I have a little discoloration and wonder if the whitening would even the color out when it is done... any thoughts?

When will permanent tooth appear [ 1 Answers ]

Our 8 year old daughter has lost one front top tooth and just lost her 4th tooth on the bottom. The other front top tooth has been loose for over a month but hasn't come out yet. The first top tooth came out I think about 4 months ago and nothing is taking it's place yet. The new permanent bottom...

Abcessed tooth [ 2 Answers ]

Just spent the weekend with the agony of an abcessed canine tooth. Today, I wouldn't have recognized myself in the mirror. I am on 2 antibiotics, and wonder how long it will be for the swelling to go down, so I can see the dentist.

Tooth problem? [ 1 Answers ]

Thank you!

View more questions Search