Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rex123 Posts: 766, Reputation: 100

Jun 5, 2008, 03:00 AM
    Can't sleep
    Every night when I got to sleep my dog sleeps in my room and I shut my door. My brother's dog will lay outside my door and aound 5:00 am he always starts to cry. What can I do?
    :eek:
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 5, 2008, 05:10 AM
    Maybe he is trying to let you know he has to go out to do his business.

Jun 5, 2008, 10:52 AM
    He does this every single morning and its not that he needs to go out because if I let him out he just comes back and cries again. I can't always get up to let him out this early, for one it would start a bad habbit and two I have to wake up at seven to go to school. The mornings I do wake up to let him out I get really tired in school the next day.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2008, 11:24 AM
    Since its your brothers dog ask your brother to take care of his dog. Could it be the dog prefers you over your brother, it happens.

Jun 5, 2008, 01:39 PM
    My brother works most of the time and my mom does tell me his dog thinks I'm the owner but I have my own dog and can't take care of another I try not to pay too much attention to him. And my brother doesn't even pay that much attention to him anyway. I don't even know why he has a dog?
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2008, 01:43 PM
    The dog is lonely, and has attatched itself to you. Give it some attention during the day. When it cries outside your bedroom at 5am, open the door and tell it NO in a firm voice. Then close the door. When it cries again, tell it no again. It will learn.
    princess777 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 01:47 PM
    Well you are going to have to live with it... or just figure out what he is trying to do.. comfert him.. he might have been aboused when he was little and he is having bad dreams
    princess777 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 01:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle
    Maybe he is trying to let you know he has to go out to do his business.
    True that

Jun 5, 2008, 02:02 PM
    Thanks all I try what u have all suggested
    Expert

Jun 5, 2008, 03:26 PM
    Rex, so you are a student and you do need your sleep and at the same time you feel you have to give attention to your bros. dog. Maybe you can take the other dog in your room at night and then the problem will be solved. Both dogs are in the same household so, they get a long, right ?

Jun 5, 2008, 03:45 PM
    They get along really well, but I don't want his dog in my room because all he ever does is cry for attention and if you don't pet him he starts to bark. Also he'll get my dog rowdy during the night and I absolutely do not want that.
    Expert

Jun 5, 2008, 04:12 PM
    Rex my dear, you have stumbled on to a wonderful rescource for all kinds of problems. You will hear much more from other posters on this board and I hope they can help.

Your brother should not have a dog if he can't nourish him with attention, affection, does he even walk him ?

I hope you will find an answer.

It sounds like you and your pet have a good relationship. Siberians are a wonderful breed and worthy of the attention. Does he have one blue eye and one brown eye, though ? Purebred siberians usually have that distinction.

Jun 5, 2008, 04:18 PM
    Rex isn't really purebred his mother was a yellow lab but everyone tells me he could pass for it. Both his eyes are brown. And for my brothers dog I guess I'll just have to put up with I than, if it were up to me the dog would go to another home, where he could get more attention but it doesn't seem I have too much say in the matter.

Jun 5, 2008, 04:35 PM
    Actually my dog started like my brothers. My brother took me to get a dog it was supposed to be his, but he let me pick it out. I picked the one male that looked like a husky and not a normal lab. My brother paid a lot of attention to him at first but then he paid less and less time with him, so I paid more and more attention to him. And then when my brother moved away(for a few months) I told him he wasn't taking MY dog, and I didn't trust him to take him. A few days later I went to the vet and re registered rex under my name. I still do not trust my brother with my dog. He's to important.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Never can sleep [ 5 Answers ]

I posted before and from what I said before I still haven't gotten much better. I did get an apartment with a friend and I will move in, in August. So that is good. But I can't sleep. Ever. Some days I have to wake up early and I get painfull headaches through out the day but I still can't sleep at...

Can't sleep! [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend has been sober for 3 months and since then he has trouble sleeping. It's really hard on both of us! He has gone to his doctors and the first time he just gave him advice. The second time he gave him anti-depressants and said it should help him. Has anyone ever experienced this before?...

Can't sleep [ 10 Answers ]

For the past 5 yrs I have been waking up in the middle of the night to eat. I usually wake up every hour on the hour. I've tried tylenol PM's Advil PM's Niquil and nothing will keep me asleep. Any sugestions ( besides seeing a DR.)

Sleep [ 1 Answers ]

For some reason when I sleep (yes, just sleep) with my girlfriend, I can't sleep. I don't know what to do cause I have tried all I know to do. Even when I am exhausted from the day and have work early in the morning, it still won't happen. I end up being almost completely down the next day because...

View more questions Search