Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    turbodigger Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Mar 6, 2006, 09:13 AM
    Very sick puppy
    My puppy is 2 months old and he has roundworms. I gave him deworming pills and now he won't eat at all. He didn't eat for a full day and now going on another day. He throws up at least every hour but he is still drinking lots of water. He is pooping out blood and a little bit of water sometimes. He has lost a bit of weight and looks like a skeleton. Please help me with some ideas on getting him to eat.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2006, 12:17 PM
    The blood in the stool is a very serious symptom. It is Monday, the vet is open, call.

Ordinarily not eating for a day or 2 after worming wouldn't be much to worry about. The blood in the stool is.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2006, 07:12 AM
    Hi,
    The serious problem is not about him not eating. You need to take him to a Vet, now. Be concerned about the not eating after a Vet decides what the blood is all about.
    I do wish you the best of luck.
    thelp Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 04:59 PM
    See a VET rigght away they can help
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2007, 06:16 PM
    Hmmm. Um. thelp? Not to minimize your help. Always a good thing to recommend someone bring their dog to a vet. But, this post is over a year old. I hope the puppy was taken in when labman first suggested it or else turbo's puppy would be in trouble. :)

Good rule of thumb when you start here is to always check the date of a post. If you need any help navigating the site, just send me a PM. Always glad to help out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My new puppy is sick! HELP [ 17 Answers ]

Well I just got a new puppy about a week ago and he is about 4weeks old! And he started sneezing and vomiting and won't keep anything down!! And I don't have the money to take him to the animal hospital! SO I was wondering if anyone knew what I could do at home to help my puppy!! PLEASE HELP

Help! Sick puppy won't eat... [ 9 Answers ]

We got a husky/lab pup on Friday afternoon from the local humane society. He had eating some on Friday, and very little on Saturday morning. Then we noticed he had worms after some diarreha. We gave him some worm med. And took him back to see the HS vet on Monday. They also gave us a antiboitic for...

My dad is very sick [ 6 Answers ]

Hey everyone. I just found out last night that my dad is in the hospital with Chronic Leukimia. According to the doctors they said that this is a very treatable disease and that the disease itself is non-aggressive. The only thing that I don't understand is that my father had no symptoms. Such...

My dog is sick! [ 5 Answers ]

Hey my dog won't eat he has blissters on his mouth he is running a temp and has a swollen gland and I need 2 noe what it is fast so please help!! :eek:

Sick puppy has Parvo... Questions... [ 2 Answers ]

Well my poor doggy for sure has Parvo and is in the hospital. I got the pet shop I bought him at to treat him. Apparently they are scared of the outbreak (and they didn't have him adequately vaccinated for a 12 week old puppy!) They were going to put him to sleep and refund my $250 for him...

View more questions Search