Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Jun 4, 2008, 05:58 PM
    Free Business Cards
    Where can I get free business cards online?
    reikiwmn Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2008, 06:06 PM
    Try this site.
    Free Printable Business Cards - Free Business Cards
    They have a few free ones you can download and print.
    Vision Expert

Jun 4, 2008, 06:09 PM
    Do you know any sites where you can get actual ones? I don't have a printer.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 4, 2008, 06:33 PM
    Not exactly free, but very cheap and nice quality. I use them for my cards that I lay out to sell my insurance.

VistaPrint - Business Cards - Full Color Printing - Digital Printing Company | VistaPrint
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2008, 11:41 PM
    I am familiar somewhat with VistaPrint. I have not used them personally, but have been impressed with what I have seen. The cards are of excellent quality! The only thing that I notice about the "free" business card sites that I don't really care for, is that you seem to be locked into whatever designs they have. I prefer to design my own.

If you don't have a printer, then perhaps you could use the printer of a friend? You could also go to a printing store where there is a printer that can handle thin card stock and maybe pay ten or fifteen cents a page for the printing. You can fit eight normal sized business cards on an 8&1/2" x 11" page.

I like to format my cards using Microsoft Word. I don't even use one of their templates. Instead I use text boxes for the frame of the card and have a large, colored border so that I have some leeway when I am cutting the cards out myself. Most of the time, I also format text boxes for the insides of the cards. I use one of those table-type cutters to cut the cards out. I also have a stack of those magnets that I can attach to the back of the cards if I would like to do that with some of them.

Making the cards myself also allows me to have whatever colors, pictures or designs on them. I can even make my own template where I can print things on the reverse of the card for additional information.

Most of the time, for any one of my businesses, I will print out about four to five pages at a time. The 32 to 40 business cards that I then have last me quite awhile.

The only drawback that I have experienced to making my own cards, is that since I am not buying a huge amount of thin card stock, then each page of the card stock might cost me four or five cents.

Just some ideas and thoughts for you...
    mnc1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 01:27 AM
    Business cards by ooprint : Business cards, Letterhead, greeting cards, invitations, birth announcements, promotional flyers

They have some great designs, and the quality of their products is outstanding.
    You can order 100 business cards for FREE to try them out!

Plus, they don't spam you like Vistaprint and their customer service is helpful.
    Vision Expert

Jun 5, 2008, 02:03 PM
    Thanks guys. I will check all these places out. My "business" is hand made accessories, so I can't really afford to pay for cards. I get most of my crafting stuff at thrift stores.
    Vision Expert

Jun 5, 2008, 09:20 PM
    Thank you.
    Uber Member

Jun 6, 2008, 01:07 AM
    Are you interested in other ways that you can advertise for free, Momma? I can definitely help you on how to go about doing that! Please let me know...

Thanks!
    Vision Expert

Jun 6, 2008, 01:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Are you interested in other ways that you can advertise for free, Momma? I can definitely help you on how to go about doing that! Please let me know...

Thanks!
    I already have a website, and some of my stuff is on crafster and etsy. But I want business cards with these site names and my phone number on them. As I wear a lot of my accessories around and people ask where I got it... I want to say I made it, here take my card...
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2008, 12:27 AM
    Thanks for your response, Momma! I just was curious, because if you might want to give your website or other places on the Internet for selling things the best exposure, there are ways that you can do that where you can be outstanding and get the most exposure when people do searches on the Internet for what you provide or have to offer.

Is your MySpace page your website?

I am entirely self-employed, and most of my business comes from the ads that I have placed on the Internet, no matter where I have placed them.

I only try and hope for the best for you!
    Vision Expert

Jun 8, 2008, 08:28 AM
    No, I have an etsy, crafterster, and blogspot.
    mae.mole Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2011, 12:48 AM
    I've been PrintRunner's patron ever since the first time I asked them to print business cards. In fact, this online printing company offers free business cards every time they have special promotions. If they don't have ongoing price cuts, they still treat their customers by printing high quality business cards matched with affordable prices.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

FREE WAY'S TO CREATE business Cards/Flyers for Flooring Contractor [ 3 Answers ]

I want to find the best free way's to achieve a professional eye catching design for business cards/flyers

Pross & cons of business credit cards [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone describe with to me some of the pros and cons of applying for business credit cards? Even though I work at a full time job; I do maintain a small business buying and selling nutritional products from a multi-level company. So far, I have always just put these expenses through my regular...

Printing Business cards on HP 1350 [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I have an HP 1350 all in one printer that seems to work very well with one exception. When it was new I was able to print business cards on it in sheets of 10. Now for some reason the top margin will not remain constant. If I print a sample copy on a blank sheet of paper it seems to...

How do I print business cards? [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently in Morocco for a few months, and would like to print the name of the organization with which I am associated here (and my local contact info) on the back of my existing business cards from the USA. I have a HP5400. Any ideas on how to go about this short of just running my existing...

View more questions Search