Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lindak0305 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2008, 01:13 PM
    Gas flow from front tank into rear tank on an F150 pickup
    Help: I have an F150 2 whl drive pickup, manual transmission. Straight 6 cylinder.
    The gas flows from front tank into the rear tank. Not a huge problem, but when you fill both tanks, gas starts running out of the rear tank because the front one is still trying to fill the rear one. Gas mileage doesn't look good at all, when it is like this. I have changed all of the plugs and filters, where do I go from here?
    Dennis151 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2009, 12:25 PM

It's a pretty expensive part , can't rember the exact name for it but it's a valve under the truck that switches between the two tanks, everyone I know w/ that truck has the same problem, all the 90 model fords w/ dual tanks
    Dennis151 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2009, 06:19 PM

OK I just had the same thing go wrong w/ my truck . I replaced one fuel pump and it started pumpin gas in to the back tank,
    I replaced the rear pump and now my problem is fixed.
    It is an easy fix I changed both pumps by myself in half a day, and I dd it in my front yard shade tree style

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet tank doesn't refill. No water in tank make it flush [ 17 Answers ]

My toilet was working properly before tonight. :p There was no slow leak sound; nothing. Now when the handle is pressed, nothing happens. I opened up the tank and found there was no water in the tank. :( I've been searching the Internet for answers, but haven't found any that address this...

Storage Tank or Bladder Tank? [ 8 Answers ]

We just had a new well put in. The well person installed a 220 gallon storage tank (not bladder) when we turn on our sprinkler system our submersible well pump cuts in every 50seconds. We are using approximately 16 gallons per minute. Should the well person have put in a bladder tank instead of a...

1994 ford f150 won't switch to front gas tank from rear tank [ 7 Answers ]

I have a 1994 ford f150 xl 4.9 straight v6 with dual gas tanks. When I try to switch over to the front tank from the rear tank the truck stalls out and won't start. Why is this and how can I fix this problem? <PS> even if I switch over before I even try starting the engine the truck still...

Changed valve on Hotwater tank leads to low flow [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 40 Gallon Natural GAZ "GIANT" hot water tank. The Cold water in valve was leaking so I changed the piece. I made sure that the everything was clear and clean and that the valve was a BI-Directional flow. The tubes are PEC and I crimped the O-rings into place and they are a GO. ...

No pressure in tank-gauge at 0 water flow to home is OK [ 3 Answers ]

I have water coming into the house so I know the well pump works fine. The problem is that there is no pressure in the pressure tank and the gauge is at 0. over the winter I ran the water to a steady flow so the pipes wouldn't freeze when the temps dropped to single digits what's wrong with the...

View more questions Search