Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jimcal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2008, 12:25 PM
    Wraping Text on a date field
    I have a date cell formatted - mm/yy "Hours" - When I set the format to wrap text, then reduce the column width (and increase the cell hight to reveal multiple rows of text) I get ### error in the cell. Is there any way to wrap a numeric field?

Thanks in advance,
    Jim
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 4, 2008, 12:52 PM
    No, there is no way to wrap text on a numerical field. If space is an issue, you can change the direction of the text, though, so it reads vertically instead of horizontally.

Increase the height of the cell so that it is tall enough for the entire text to be read up/down.

FORMAT > CELLS > ALIGNMENT
    90 degrees
    Horizontal = center
    OK.

How does that look now? Make sure the cell is tall enough.
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Excel 15 digit issue, tried converting to text, text to column feature negates fix [ 6 Answers ]

I have the following numbers that exceed 15 characters that needs to be split into its own columns. Down the road, there would be thousands of such rows of data with the first couple set of unique numbers. 890432453253208820,5004500558,05CC,1,0,0,0,0,0,0, 0000,5.0000,2007-01-11...

Scanner that converts text image to real text [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Helpdesk advisors, I look for a scanner,that reads any character from paper,converts it to text and has interface with Microsoft software.Usage area: reads product name , unit of product bought, price and other sort of text info.The scanner is able to convert printed and possibly...

Interpreting text messages after 1st date [ 8 Answers ]

So I met this girl online and we met at a tea house for some tea, the date went great, it felt very comfortable for the entire 1.5 hours and we never ran out of things to say. We laughed together and definitely had many things in common. I held out on kissing her at the end of the date. Later that...

View more questions Search