Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mandy_Marie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2008, 12:24 PM
    Attempted rape leading to relationship problems
    When I was 17, I was almost raped by a man I worked with. I never told anyone about it, but it has made me very uncomfortable with the physical aspect of relationships. I'm 19 now, and have met someone I care for a lot. I haven't told him about the attempted rape, or the fact that I am a virgin with very little experience. Every time we start to fool around though, I get scared and have to stop him. I want to be with him physically, I just get nervous and can't... So my questions are:1. How do I let him know about the attempted rape, and about my lack of experience?2. How do I get over my fear of sex?3. Humiliatingly, I was also wondering if there are any technique books, so that when we finally do get together, I'm not completely terrible at it?Thank you so much,Amanda
    tjplayer Posts: 45, Reputation: 11

Jun 5, 2008, 08:24 AM
    If you are in a relationship that you think you want to take to the next level, then you should be able to tell him this important part. He probably already wondering what's going on. I would sit down and just tell him you have something that you need him to know before you can go any farther. I am sure he will understand and with him knowing about the attempted rape then it will allow you to be more comfortable with him when it does happen. I am sure the fact of you being a virgin will not be a big deal. He may even like it more. When the time is right you will be fine. Just go slow and tell him your secrets, this will also help in your relationship, I would think. Please remember I am not a therapist and this is just my opinion based on what you have wrote. If the attempted rape is upsetting you then Maybe you could make an appointment with a therapist, they could help you more than anyone. Good Luck and Best wishes.
    igman Posts: 69, Reputation: 7

Jun 5, 2008, 10:01 AM
    Yes, I agree. If he has the same feelings for you that you have for him, then telling him about the attempted rape is important and will help him to understand. I know it did with me when my wife told me. It put a lot of things into perspective. The inexperience is not as big of an issue as you think. Believe me, you will be surprised at how things will come to you naturally. Yes, you can read books to get tips or hints and information, but don't worry, sweetie, we all have to start somewhere ! Good luck!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 5, 2008, 10:56 PM
    How old is this relationship?
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2008, 05:13 AM
    Open the lines of communication with your boyfriend, tell him why you're worried and then go from there. Every relationship needs communication

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relationship problems [ 43 Answers ]

Hi all. I am going through a very hard time right now in my relationship with my girl friend. A week ago, I sense that there are some changes going on by my partner. She is not as sexual as she was, her attitude has changed, she is always telling me that she is tired, and she tries to avoid...

My relationship problems [ 16 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been dating for a year and a half and we love each other a lot. Usually I go see her most nights at her house or she goes to mine. Sometimes I feel like when I get to see her she couldn't wait to see me and gives me a hug or kiss and some days I get there and feel like if I...

Boy with relationship problems [ 2 Answers ]

I am a 16 year old boy and I like a girl who is 1 year older than me. I started to like her at the end of my freshman year in high school. I saw her during an awards ceremony at our school. We both won lots of awards in our classes. So she's really smart and also beautiful. Both of us are the...

Relationship problems [ 9 Answers ]

Well here is my story. My girlfriend has fallen in love with me, but I don't feel the same Way about her. We have gone through all of that, and she knows that the feeling Isn't mutual and I think she is holding on to the fact that I might feel the same way in The future. Im not sure if this...

View more questions Search