Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    radio309 Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2006, 12:54 AM
    Resale dail-up
    AOL has increased the price of dail-up by two dollars. For many years telcoms have had dail-up resell programs from 4-8 dollars per dail-up user.Does anyone think this is a good program and what is the best way to market this product? Thanks in advance Fred:confused:
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2006, 05:39 AM
    AOL is trying to get people to use broadband so they are trying to make dial-up look economically unattractive.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 6, 2006, 06:49 AM
    Are you trying to market a service of reselling dialup access? Doesn't seem to be much of a market for that.
    radio309 Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2006, 06:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Are you trying to market a service of reselling dialup access? Doesn't seem to be much of a market for that.
    The program will provide dail-up at five dollars a person with 24/7 toll free sign up and five email accounts. My cost to join is one time fee of five hundred dollars.I get a website and toll free sign up number.My job will be to market the service Thanks in advance Fred
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 9, 2006, 07:06 AM
    So that means that you have to sell the service for more than $5, but probably less than $10 since there are national services providing similar access for that amount. This means that you will need at least 100 subscriber months to break even, and that doesn't take into account your marketing costs and time.

Frankly, I'm not sure there is a big enough market for this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dail-up modem [ 5 Answers ]

The phone company told my friend his modem took out his phone line.I was not aware this could happen. If this could happen, how would the phone company know? Thanks in advance Fred:(

High Speed Dail-Up [ 8 Answers ]

The New York Times reported on BPL. Internet over the power lines on Oct17,2005. I have been told that the next big thing is high speed dial-up. What keeping the FCC from granting faster modem speeds? How fast can dial-up go? I have not been able to find any information on this subject. Thanks in...

View more questions Search