Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MrsAbner05 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2008, 08:54 AM
    What Grants are availab.
    Anybody know what grant would be available for a 37 year old male, with only a high school diploma who wants to go back to school to further his education? I have paid for the Grant Kit and it does have the grant listings and all the details you need but there are like 1400 grants to go through and it would take a person forever to go through each one. I'm not trying to be lazy but it's taken me a day so far and I've only gone through about 10. It's just a lot of research and I thought if someone else already knew how to do this, it would be a lot easier.
    Lavina Posts: 31, Reputation: 9

Jun 4, 2008, 09:06 AM
    Grants for college? Well, the most well known grant is the Federal Financial Aid for students. FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid. You can fill it out online, or go to the financial aid office at the college you're planning on attending, and they can help you get started there. They can also help set up student loans, or other grants, and scholarships, if you are not qualified to receive federal financial aid.
    free grants Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2008, 03:00 AM
    Adult Education Education Grants and Adult Education and Family Literacy Act State Grants are the grants that provides school education to adults like you. This grants are available at the US Department of Education at the Office of Vocation and Adult Education. The Adult Education State grants program funds literacy and basic skills education programs to help adults become literate, get a secondary school education, or learn English.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsAbner05
    Anybody know what grant would be available for a 37 year old male, with only a high school diploma who wants to go back to school to further his education? I have paid for the Grant Kit and it does have the grant listings and all the details you need but there are like 1400 grants to go through and it would take a person forever to go through each one. I'm not trying to be lazy but it's taken me a day so far and I've only gone through about 10. It's just a lot of research and I thought if someone else already knew how to do this, it would be a lot easier.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 11, 2008, 05:24 AM
    It is often very easy, have you talked to the actual school you want to go to, If it is a approved school, there should be a aid department that have people to help you find the money to go to school
    carrieinmarlow Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2008, 06:48 PM
    Go online and apply for a PELL GRANT. Only takes a few minutes... it's a federal grant.
    jenny lynn Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Jul 22, 2008, 05:55 PM
    There are 5 solid government grant/scholarship opportunities accessible to you without cost by filing your FASFA form. See my latest Blog entry on this topic on my site. You can also apply for grants/scholarships specific to your state (see the link).

You can find a printable checklist "Three Steps to Funding your Education" on the site with
    Specifics and all the web links. Be sure to visit my homepage and Blog for Tips & Talk on grants & scholarships... It's FREE!

Jenny Lynn
    msanne22 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2008, 08:58 AM
    I myself was looking for list of grants available. I was checking for more information on Grants and I chance upon this site The Most Up-to-Date Grant Information

I subscribed to their newsletter and I got regular weekly grant listings, recommendations on grant books, specific instructions for applying on-line. It is very helpful and informative.

You might want to check it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gov grants - any Grants [ 8 Answers ]

I have a new business for 6 months. I have been in this type of work for 11 years and have the same customers. I buy offshore produce and ship them to the states. I ship 40,000 - 200,000 pounds a week"or I did" I don't have the up front money to buy now. Does anyone know a good place to start ...

Grants [ 5 Answers ]

i'd like to know who and where do i write to get a free government grant? i'd like to know the direct link without having to pay for it. Does anybody know where i write to get a free government grant? Please help me!thank you.

Gov grants [ 5 Answers ]

Is there government grants for convicted felons that are not minorities?

Grants [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know if there are any grants for pasture or farm land to take care of neglected or rescued horses in Georgia or Florida? Thanks!

Grants [ 1 Answers ]

how Can I Get A Grant To Start A Home Based Business?.

View more questions Search