Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 5, 2006, 10:21 PM
    What should I get the guy I'm dating for his birthday?
    My boyfriend and I broke up about a month ago, but I was actually glad that the relationship ended. He was very insecure and jealous, he would get mad when guys looked at me, also he would go through my personal stuff without asking me. I was scheduled to model in a fashion show on February 14th, and I wanted him to come to the show, but he told me that he wasn't going to attend the show until I stop coming to AMHD. He didn't want me on the Internet, he said that the Internet is for geeks and perverts and a woman like me shouldn't be on it. I told him that I wasn't going to stop coming here because I like helping people and I think everyone on this site are great people. So we stopped talking a week before the fashion show.

I was happy we weren't dating anymore, however, I was sad that I was going be alone on Valentine's Day. Then my friends surprised me with gifts and flowers at the fashion show, which was really sweet. After the fashion show was over, this really cute guy came up to me and introduced himself. He told me that I was beautiful and sexy and that he would like to take me out to dinner, so I decided to have dinner with him. I had a nice time talking to him, therefore, we made plans to see each other again. We've been going out for a couple of weeks now. His birthday is coming up, but I don't know what to get him since the relationship is new. He's a business man, so I thought of getting him a shirt and tie, except, he has a lot of them. Guys, what do you think I should get him for his birthday?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2006, 06:02 AM
    Hi, Pretty,
    Your ex boyfriend, among other things, went through your personal stuff? Like maybe your purse? My wife told me, many years, ago; No!
    I can see why you don't like him!
    Some suggestions for his birthday, which may or may not help:
    1. Hickory Farms Cheese and Meat package; if he likes cheese, etc. around $30.
    2. Good bottle of Wine, if he drinks, (not Ripple, or Mad Dog, hee-hee).
    3. If he works at a desk most of the time, maybe a very, very nice picture frame, 8x10, with a good picture of you in it!
    4. There's always a nail and trim package, with different nail files, cutters, etc.
    5. A bottle of good men's cologne, maybe one of your favorites.

I'm sure you will get many answers; maybe some of them will be much better than I can think of at the present.
    Best of luck.
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Mar 6, 2006, 08:43 AM
    I'd suggest an Ipod,Plasma screen TV,Blu-Ray,and HD-DVD player,and a... wow... what am I thinking? :D
    How about something like cufflinks with his initials on.Alright,some guys might not use them,but they are a nice personal keep-sake,and every time he opens the box,he will think of you.
    If Sally bought them me,I'd be delighted.
    confuzed Posts: 34, Reputation: 6

Mar 6, 2006, 09:36 AM
    I'd go with the wine, cologne (especially if you know what her wears), or the cufflinks!
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Mar 6, 2006, 09:45 AM
    I would try to get something a little more personal for your guy if you can narrow down something he's interested in.

If he likes cars, maybe get him a model car. If he likes sports, maybe tickets to a game or a nice golf shirt.

As long as he notices you put some thought into choosing something, I think he'll be happy. :)
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2006, 11:27 AM
    How about just taking him to dinner. You are very early on in your relationship. That's more than enough.

The thing I don't like is all his compliments and dinner with you right away. Is this guy going to be needy, possesvie, and jealous in a month or two?

Good job ditching the other guy - that stuff won't change - you did him a HUGE favor by letting him go. He needs a wake up call - he put WAY too much importance in you.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 7, 2006, 12:56 AM
    Thank you all for your input. Your suggestions and opinions are very helpful.
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Mar 7, 2006, 03:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nez
    I'd suggest an Ipod,Plasma screen tv,Blu-Ray,and HD-DVD player,and a......wow...what am I thinking? :D
    How about something like cufflinks with his initials on.Alright,some guys might not use them,but they are a nice personal keep-sake,and everytime he opens the box,he will think of you.
    If Sally bought them me,I'd be delighted.
    I totally agree Nez. Cufflinks are a great present and you can get any to suit a guys personality. Take my step-dad he is really into his music and DJ's with me on occasion. I bught him music note cufflinks. Guys don't necessarily wear them, but they are a great keepsake. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Acknowledge a birthday? [ 3 Answers ]

My ex broke up with me a couple of months ago after a 2 year relationship, and I initiated no contact with her. Its her 19th b'day in a couple of days time and I was wondering if I should get in touch to wish her a happy b'day? I still like her so what do you guys think?

Happy Birthday to PetFinders [ 4 Answers ]

I do not know how many of you have used this site but Pet Finder is 10 years old now. Happy Birthday to Petfinder.com! Petfinder.com is 10 years old this year, and They are celebrating their birthday--and the pets--all year! They created a special for you to play and Petfinder Concentration...

Happy Birthday Chery! [ 10 Answers ]

Chery, wishing a wonderful gal a wonderful birthday! Thanks for all your help here in this forum! Always,;) momincali

From dating to friends to dating? [ 3 Answers ]

Here's my problem. I met this guy about 9 months ago. After only going out a couple of times we started dating. It only lasted for about a month and he ended it saying he didn't think we had enough in common. Since then we have become best friends and spend a lot of time together. But we are...

View more questions Search