Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cawleywally Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2008, 08:10 AM
    1 kidney and counting.
    I donated a kidney to my son in 96.. due to a misdiagnosis... that kidney was destoyed and he has been back on dialysis since 99... medicaid took care of all of the transplant expense... but after 6 days... my "coverage" was over... I have no health insurance and have not been tested to see if my remaining kidney is doing OK... my husband became disabled 4 years ago.. so our funds are extremely limited... I've been turned down for any assistance from anybody... I'm doomed I suppose... my question is... is there any help for people who have stepped up and did what they thought was right.. only to be kicked to the curb to fend for themselves?
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2008, 10:17 AM
    I ended up without health insurance and with medical needs; this situation is very unfortunate. I didn't qualify for Medicaid at the time, so I found a free clinic by referral about 20-30 minutes from my home. I was able to get medications and check-ups and I had a minor surgery on my breast-I didn't have to pay anything at all.

I live in a large Metropolitan area full of resources. I don't know what is available in your area, but you can ask social workers of any kind, they have a lot of information. :)

Best wishes...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probability.with counting [ 4 Answers ]

A group of 5 boys and 4 girls are to be photographed. How many ways can the photograpg be arranged with the girls in the front row, and the boys in the back row? A club has 10 members. In how many ways can they shoose a committee of 3 members?

Counting Items [ 1 Answers ]

If a variable in column A fulfills a certain condition, I have it listed in column B Column A Q W E R T

35 weeks and counting [ 9 Answers ]

Hi all it's me Jnet29 I have a question, for the last week I have been having headaches, nausea and I have been seeing spots for two days and my back have been killing me and I'm going to the bathroom like crazy can anyone tell me what's going on?

Counting to a million [ 1 Answers ]

How long would it take an average person to count to one million if they had 8 hours a day to do the counting.

34 weeks and counting [ 7 Answers ]

Well the dr said that he wants me to wait till Friday before going into labor. He also wrote a perscription to help make that possible. The babies are 4lbs 4oz and doing great. I have an appointment next week, he said if I make it that long. I am one and a half cm dialated and measuring full term...

View more questions Search