Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lonelyandhated86 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2008, 05:38 AM
    Job Trouble
    I have recently started a new job I have been there for 3 weeks and they are putting me on for to many hours. I am still in high school my last year and only to weeks to go and with exams and test coming up I want to be ready and well rested but while working where I am they keep me there until 10:30 or 11 oclock or later and then it takes me a half hour to get home and then a few hours after I go to sleep I have to get up and go to school then it starts all over again. They have me working from 2:30 to 10:30 everyday by myself and my job is very hard to do by yourself. I get out of school at 2:10 and the only free time I have id 20 minutes to get to work I don't no what to do. I want to ask if they could not put me on at night but when I try to talk to my girlfriend about my plan she complains and basically tells me that I'm wrong. But I'm not getting enough sleep and I shouldn't be doing everything myself. I don't no what to do.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jun 4, 2008, 06:36 AM
    Dear lonelyandhated86

As you do not state how many hours you work per day, and what the original arrangements and commitments are you agreed upon when applying for the job, I can not comment on that.
    But you should get sufficient sleep. A minimum of 8 hours. So speak to your employer, and discuss this with him. Note, that you run the risk that you get fired. You still are in your trial period.
    DBmtgprocessor Posts: 37, Reputation: 4

Jun 4, 2008, 11:03 AM
    You age is an important issue here as the law states how late in the evening you can work depending on how old you are along with how many hours allowed during school year
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Jun 4, 2008, 11:13 AM
    Time to make a grown up decision, on your own.

If the job is interfering with your education, do what ever you have to, to correct the situation.

If you can talk to the management, and get your hours reduced, so be it. If you can't, you need to quit the job. While normally it is important to give at least 2 weeks notice, given your age, and the situation with your education, you might even try for a week or less.

Your education, at this point, has to be your number one priority, it will effect you for the rest of your life!
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2008, 10:45 AM
    Try to cut your hours, talk sensibly to you boss, if this doesn't work then maybe you need further employment that will accommodate your studies, which have to take priority.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog Trouble [ 4 Answers ]

I have a small dog who is about 9 years old and he urintaes in the house only at night, he has plenty of opportunity to go outside but for some reason every morning there it is. Help?

Can I get in trouble? [ 5 Answers ]

Can I get in trouble with probation if I lie on my job application about the felony conviction?

Help, I am in trouble! [ 4 Answers ]

I am 32 years old and have never been in trouble until last summer. I took my kids to a theme park in my state and was drinking. Realizing I couldn't drive I pulled over, my mom whom was with me said she was OK to drive and started to drive home. We got pulled over and she got a DUI. They charged...

Boy trouble [ 5 Answers ]

There's these 2 boys who are best friends. I like both of them, but I like the other 1 better. The best friend is mad at me. I don't want to break there friendship up but I want the 1 boy to go out with me.What should I do? :confused:

View more questions Search