Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    StLsTaRsChIcK18 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Mar 5, 2006, 05:01 PM
    Competition downer
    OK I'm only in eight grade and our 21 girl squad has been practicing since June to make it to competition this year. Our competition has been moved several times and some of the girls are losing spirit. Half of them think god has some fate and doesn't want us to go because throughout the past two months our competition has been moved 14 times, our best flyer broke her arm and just last Friday, one of our bases had her finger smashed in the door and lost her nail plus the tip of her thumb. Are we not meant to go to competition or are we just unlucky?
    kp42484 Posts: 39, Reputation: 16

Mar 6, 2006, 04:16 PM
    Hi,

Sorry to hear of your ill fortune lately!

I am not a psychic, and also I don't believe in bad luck. You speak of God, so if you believe in him, you know that there's a reason for everything that happens. It's easy to think that God "has it out for you" but that can't be true if God is a good god, and doesn't do evil things.

All the bad things happening are just setbacks (rather unusual coincidence that there are so many, but well... ), and in life there are always going to be things like this that happen. It's life--it stinks sometimes and we just have to accept it and keep trying. A lot of times things seem to all be happening at one time--and they're all bad. I know it's happened to me a lot of times, to the point where I thought that all the bad stuff was just piling up and then was unleashed on me all at once to break me down.

But, if you are meant to go to competition and even win, you will. If you're not, you're not! But don't take all the bad "luck" as "signs" and don't stop trying your hardest. Life is just that way sometimes; keep trying your best and work hard, and just hope. That's all you can do! Even if you lose, you must believe in your team and enjoy the experiences along the way, even if a lot of them were bad.

Hope this helps!
    cheerchic24 Posts: 69, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2007, 02:57 PM
    If its meant to be it will happen!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Perfect competition [ 4 Answers ]

I'm in first-year university I was told that this idea is the base of microeconomics. I'm kind of confused about it, so I tried a few sample questions. Namely, I had trouble answering the following questions regarding perfect competition: 1) How can I justify the assumption that all firms in...

Presenting The First Annual AMHD Photo Competition! [ 52 Answers ]

I have decided to start a little competition right here on AMHD. I will give you a picture. I then want you to alter it via a graphics program and send it back to me. Whoever does the best job of altering the picture wins the prize. Closing date will be 1st August The prize will be a book...

See real competition? [ 4 Answers ]

Have you ever been to a competition? I work with Lifetime and there is a new reality cheerleading show that shows people how tough competitions are. I think there are some shows on ESPN that also show cheerleading competitions. Does anyone watch competitions on TV?

Sambo changes Judo competition [ 0 Answers ]

Does anyone remember the affect that the art of Sambo had on Judo competition in the olympics? I believe it was the former Soviet Union that introduced Sambo techniques into Judo competition in the olympics. Oldcoach

View more questions Search