Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HeatherP Posts: 77, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2008, 03:14 PM
    Is there a way to make money for a single teen mother?
    I am a 16 year old girl with a 10 month old baby girl, I need to know a way to make money that will except me since I am only 16, just turned 16. I need a way to help my family and my baby girl, my sister is pregnant now as well and I would like to be able to make enough money to fix up my house for the two babies. My house at the moment needs a lot of things, it needs more rooms and carpets, new floors and a few things fixed. My baby is standing now and I really need a way to support her. Please if you know a way I can make money, preferably online if not then that's okay, I live in long beach California. If anyone knows a website for me to look for jobs I would appreciate that as well. Or if there's a way to make something like a fund raiser then I would appreciate the knowledge of how. Please let me know, I really need this help.
    notarybabe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2008, 08:24 PM
    This sounds like a tremendously huge burden you have right now. Being a mother myself, I can really relate to needing help "now." The only thing I can encourage you to do, is to check out online schools within your area. You could get your GED and then onto college online. Student loans and grants can provide several thousand dollars a semester to use as you wish (preferrably towards school books, computers, etc.).

Making yourself skilled and more equipped to handle a steady job would be ideal for your future, and your daughters. I have just graduated from 3 years in college and am now out pursuing my career. It took a long time, and a ton of effort, but it was definetely worth it!

Keep praying! God does know your problems and he will take care of you both!

Jun 4, 2008, 11:04 PM
    Thank you very much, I will take that into consideration. I have been told by many people that I am a very smart girl so if I find a way that works with me then I'm sure I will be able to do it. Thank you, though I don't know much about grants and would rather know more about them first I will look into it. If you have any information or a website that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you again.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2008, 12:20 AM
    Who else lives in your home, please?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 5, 2008, 04:35 AM
    Are you receiving child support ?
    Loan_Guy Posts: 83, Reputation: 6

Jun 5, 2008, 08:23 PM
    Although I'll bet you have already done this, make sure you check with your state to see what assistance is available for you and your child. Make sure that they have health insurance and are well nourished.

Child support is a great question!!

As far as a job, find something that you are good at and see if you can get paid for doing it. My favorite idea has always been to find out what others do not like to do and do it for money.

An example might be picking up dog droppings. Charge $10 a week (per dog) for you to come out twice. Tell people why you are doing it and do the best you possible can. Do a little more than you need to.

Although it may sound silly, people have made fortunes by following that advice. Not necessarily by being a pooper-scooper, but you get the idea. Just be the best at whatever you do...

Good luck!

LG

Jun 6, 2008, 04:09 PM
    I do not get child support and I have tried to apply for welfare among other things. The father is in the marines and I have no way to contact him, I do not know how to spell his entire name either. I do not know how to get contact with him and I think maybe looking into a job with animals involved is best for me, I am really good with animals and have grown up with them my entire life. Thank you for the advice, I will try as best I can to find something, I really need it. Includeing my baby and me at the moment there are about 10 people living in my home and only two of them have jobs. My uncle and his three kids live with us and my uncle does not pay any of the bills or for food. Another reason I need to get a job fast, if it wasn't for my brother who was in the army I would not even have a crib for her but he was kicked out of the army and has no money now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My teen age daughter is abusing me, her mother [ 15 Answers ]

Hi, please advice, my daughter is 15. She is 95% on the great side of the teen girls. She is becoming violent with me, over the past 6 months, she punched me in the arm, Has pushed me and last night, she grabbed me by the arm and dug her fingernails in my arm, I have 3 marks to prove it. Last...

Teen mother [ 9 Answers ]

So I am 18 with a 9 moth old baby girl. I love her to death, but sometimes I wonder if I made the right choice in keeping her. It is really hard to be a teen mother but her father helps so much but it is still really hard. DOES IT GET EASIER?

Is it OK to make teen pay? [ 36 Answers ]

My 17 yr old comes and goes as he pleases. He doesn't clean up after himself ever. He leaves it for me to do. He will drink the last of the milk even if it means his 2 year old sis doesn't have any in the morning for cereal. He doesn't help out around the house at all. He sleeps all day on weekends...

Rebellious teen & Single mom, guardianship to grandparant? [ 2 Answers ]

Well this is long but I will try to make it as short as possible. I am a 46 yr. old single mom. I have a 16 yr old daughter. ALL I ever wanted was to be a mom. Read all the books, took classes, worked in her preschool and currently on disability for a blood disorder but work as a P/T Nanny and...

View more questions Search