Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sara1190 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2008, 02:42 PM
    Brown Period!
    I AM ONLY 17 YEARS OLD.

MY PERIOD CAME ON TIME BUT IT ONLY LASTED FOR A FEW DAYS AND IT WAS BROWN.

VERY VERY LIGHT

I am really scared because I think it may be implantation bleeding.
    There is a chance I may be pregnant..

Please help
    margarita_momma Posts: 299, Reputation: 46

Jun 3, 2008, 02:45 PM
    Wait about a week or so and take a pregnancy test. If the test comes up negative, wait a few more days and take another one. If you don't start your next period, go to the doctor and get a blood test done. You have now entered the waiting game.

Jun 3, 2008, 03:01 PM
    OMG

Isn't it too early to be having a test?

I am leaving to another country next month and I want to have an abortion and have everything done before so I can't WAIT anymore

Jun 3, 2008, 03:18 PM
    It depends on when you had sex. Implantation bleeding usually occurs around the time as your period. If you take a test and it comes up negative, don't worry about it unless you don't get your period next month.

Jun 3, 2008, 03:23 PM
    I had sex 20 days ago and 4 days ago... on the 31st my weird period started..
    I don't even have pain is that normal

Jun 3, 2008, 03:28 PM
    Go and get a test. That is the only way you are for sure going to find out. 20 days ago is plenty of time to for you to ovulate. Why would you have pain?

Jun 3, 2008, 03:42 PM
    Well, not too much pain. JUst some cramps. Maybe its all in my head I don't know.

I don't mean to be rude or nosy or anything, but have you ever been pregnant? Do you know if its possible for a pregnancy test to show up negative. But an ultrasound to show the baby??

Jun 3, 2008, 05:52 PM
    I have a three year old and am currently 10 weeks pregnant with my second child. When you first find out you are pregnant, there isn't even a baby there. First a yolk sac forms and your baby will start to grow from that. If you are pregnant, they will make you take a urine or blood test before they even give you an ultrasound. That is standard procedure. If they both come up negative, you are not pregnant. I don't know what else to tell you.

Jun 4, 2008, 07:42 AM
    So when do you think is the right time for me to take the home test?

Jun 4, 2008, 08:08 AM
    If you had a brownish very light period, then that "could" have been implantation bleeding. Go and get a test now. If it comes up negative, just don't worry about it unless you don't start your next period. That is why it is called the waiting game. It's a lot of waiting and not much you can do about it.

Jun 4, 2008, 08:47 AM
    Is it possible that my normal period could have been that brown light and lasted only 2-3 days?

Jun 4, 2008, 08:48 AM
    So the light brown period that lasted only 2-3 days could have been my normal period too?

Jun 4, 2008, 08:49 AM
    So your saying that could have been my normal period too?

Jun 4, 2008, 09:11 AM
    Yes. It could have been a normal period.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Brown period! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I had a period last month which was Brown discharge all the way through the period, there wasn't any blood at all. I had the usual cramps and period syptoms and the period lasted longer than normal. Can any one help is this normal?

Brown Period [ 1 Answers ]

I am 30 yrs old I had a tubal litigation years ago. My periods have always been regular like clockwork, however this month instead of a period I have had light pink dishcharge and then this brown matter... should I be worried??

Brown period [ 2 Answers ]

I started my period on the 2nd of this month me and my partner had sex the day my period came on and for a few days after it went off(around the 9th or the 10th) I took a pregnancy test on the 17th and it came out negative when I went to wipe it was reddish pinkish blood on the tissue. Now it just...

Brown period [ 2 Answers ]

OK I'm 17 and me and my boyfriend have had sex a few times.. I had my period aug 8th (1 day after we had sex) then like 3 weeks ago we did it again but I started bleeding during it.. but the bleeding stopped right after and I had a light brown discharge for like a day... then we had sex like a week...

Why is my period brown? [ 1 Answers ]

This month for some reason my period is brown with some Red... I am 17 and I am sexually active although I've only been with only 1 guy for the past 3 years... so I kind of ruled out STD's... what could it be. Please help... :( I'm scared!

View more questions Search