Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Darth_Tanion Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Mar 5, 2006, 03:21 PM
    Large Log file
    My laptop keeps coming up saying that the HDD is nearly full. I do a check of how much free space I have and sometimes it's as little as 14KB. After doing a search around the HDD I always find that the file C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogFiles\WMI\trace.log is 16GB or so. I just delete the file and the problem is solved but it always comes back. I cannot open it to see what it contains as a 16GB text document just doesn't like to work. Especially when my computer is bordering on seizing anyway due to having no swap space. Does anybody know what this file is or what it does and more importantly what makes it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 5, 2006, 03:38 PM
    This may shed some light on your problem.
    For more information about WMI have a look Here.
    It may be worth downloading CCleaner to help rid your system of unwanted files.

Hope this helps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Merging Word files into one large file [ 16 Answers ]

I have book pages stored as five files of 15 pages each. Is there a way to combine them into one large file? Thank you.

Large boobs [ 11 Answers ]

Hey all I'm not sure where exactly to put this post but I figured it is part of weight loss so here we go. I'm 20 and my boobs are size 16 e and there tooo big I hate it and I got some problem with my hands where I get lots of pain in them my hand specialest recommend to get a breast reductions...

How large will my dog be? [ 4 Answers ]

My pup is 8 weeks old and weighs 15 pounds right now, she's gained 5 pounds in the two weeks we've had her, her dad is a purebred yellow lab (120 pounds) and her mom is 1/2 black lab, 1/2 shephard, mom was very slim, but she did just finish weaning 8 large pups, she was roughly about 60 pounds, is...

If I file 1040NR, do I file state as nonresident? [ 1 Answers ]

The title says it all-I worked in several states but I am foreigner. Does that mean that I file state taxes as non-resident as well?

Large Tile [ 1 Answers ]

Good morning, I am building a new bathroom with a custom shower. I am in the process of finishing up my plumbing and installing cement backer boards for the shower walls and on the bathroom floor. I plan to build the shower pan with mortor bed and PVC liner. I will be using ceramic tiles...

View more questions Search