Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Starman Posts: 1,308, Reputation: 135
    -

Jun 14, 2003, 08:21 AM
    Teachers vs Home Schooler Instructors
    Why are regular teachers so upset when told that a child is leaving school to be home educated. After all, if the child is leaving school to be educated at home there is a good reason. Maybe the existence of too much violence and drugs at school has made his attendance impossible for example.
    Mylena36 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2003, 12:31 AM
    Teachers vs Home Schooler Instructors
    ;D

For years we have been told that only public schools can educate our children in the correct manner.

When all of the shootings at the schools happened, I pulled my 4 out of school and decided to Home School. At first I met with some resistance from the Teachers, administration and even family and friends.

I held on to my beliefs and got as much as I could online to help me and now I am on year 3 and my children and I could not be happier.

My 16 yr old is working 2 yrs ahead and will graduate next month.

My other children are also 2 yrs ahead in their studies and with the one on one they get at home, they are more ahead than they were in public school.

Hope this helps,

Mylena36 8)
    MOMKNOWWHAT Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2006, 02:09 PM
    You should be proud of your stand for your children, their education and most of all their safety.

Best Wishes
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 1, 2006, 02:21 PM
    It will depend on the teacher, we were told in Atlanta by some school officials and teachers that if we could afford private school do so.

But there is some down sides, we hear about all the great strides in home schooling, and for those doing it I would very, very strongly suggest you join one of the various associations that have prepared materials. This way they are still getting more standardised matterials. Also many places, I know Atlanta has a home school program where the kids get together though one of the JR colleges for one day a week together.

Also don't forget the fine arts, my wife for example in the area we live in, offer music programs to the home schooled. Offered a dozen or so instrument instruction during the day for the home school, She has also in the past did music theory in group classes. This type of thing is available all over the US I am sure.

But there are some who start to home school, and do not give it full time study, they get side tracked with getting the car fixed, with cooking lunch nad starting supper. Dad does not get involved and within a year the child is seriously behind. This does not happen often, but it does happen some.

Home schooling is really great when done correctly, but it is not fully accepted by everyone because it goes outside the acceptance government approved standard methods.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Former Teachers? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been teaching for nearly four years now, and I have got to say I really don't enjoy it. It's not the subject matter (Chemistry, Science and Math) that bothers me, or the students. I love interacting with them. I just don't enjoy the politics of teaching. I wonder if there are any former...

Pre schooler problem [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am running a preschool and nursery school for children for the last 8 yrs. I have learnt a lot from the experience and find the work very interesting. This year I am facing a problem with a child who is extremely naughty dnd restless, who disturbs all the others around, back answers,...

Selling home/buying home simultaneously [ 8 Answers ]

Real estate agent and the mtg broker she works with want me to refinance loan with them, take equity out of it and buy a townhouse, move into townhouse while maintaining my mtg with my present home while trying to sell it. I called Wamu (my original lender) and questioned him about this and he...

New home [ 2 Answers ]

I'm about to move into a new home and would like advice about what I should do in terms of helpful hints Ex. Like the garage floor is bare concrete so I am thinking about painting it with that epoxy stuf that I got from the home depot to make it smother and look better and we are planing on...

View more questions Search