Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2008, 08:30 AM
    Kids in carseats.
    Hey everyone. I wanted to get your opinions on something that drives me nuts.

I work at a bank and I often have the drive through window. I notice a lot of parents or caregivers that do NOT have children buckled up. Let alone in a proper car seat. Some even let their small children sit up front.

It just drives me crazy to see a 3 year old unbuckled or not even in a car seat.

That is just so dangerous. I always WANT to say something, but can't. I just hope they don't get into an accident.

What are your thoughts? Have you ever said anything to anyone regarding this?
    BABRAM Posts: 561, Reputation: 145

Jun 3, 2008, 08:37 AM
    Excellent issue. Parents must have those babies in car seats. Laziness and price is no excuse. The law, in this case, is there to protect lives. Just a side note where I reside, Las Vegas, our area ranks among the most dangerous places to drive in the nation. We all should love our children, so let's keep them safe as possible.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2008, 09:00 AM
    The credit union where I belong often has a few signs and car ads on the window. Maybe you coud ask the mgr at your bank if you could stick a small decal in the window, that reminds people to buckle up.
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2008, 02:42 PM
    I wish! We can't have anything like that.

I guess I just notice it more now that I see more people in the car with kids. I have seen it sitting at a red light and figured it was a minority kind of thing - like not a lot of people do it.

But as I see a couple hundred customers a day - it almost seems like the norm.
    It is quickly turning into a pet peeve! It just seems so unsafe not to mention against the law.

I wonder if this law is enforced in places outside of the US?
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2008, 03:07 PM
    That must bea very frustrating experience. I don't guess they would allow you to have a flyer you could hand out, or the person feels intimidated and finds another bank possibly?
    You will just have to rely on the police and other agencies doing their job of enforcement. I am assuming you have strict laws for proper carseats in your area). Even if you had every one you see corrected as required there would still be 100 times as many cruisin along at other locations. I don't have any other suggestions. You would have to have support and permission from the bank to do much of anything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dating a man with kids and I don't have kids [ 6 Answers ]

I've never dated a man with kids... and he has 4! 2 teens and 2 in their 20's... and a grandbaby on the way! He's been very aggressive (fast) about getting to the next level(s). We have a great time together and we connect on many levels. He asked early on that we date exclusively as he...

Brother is unmarried and his kids mother want to take kids away [ 5 Answers ]

Can his live in girlfriend or EX now take away his kids from him if there in a stable environment and she is leaving my brother for another man in another city and a sex offender at that? My brother has them in his care as we speak can she go to his house and walk out of there with them. They are...

Puppet kids show on discovery kids [ 3 Answers ]

This show came on discovery kids in the morning in the 90's it was kind of weird a women And kids say they want to get silly something and they would take a spoon and eat Something out of puppet flowers mouths, the puppets would open there mouths and other silly stuff was like this on the...

80"s kids movie with a dinasour and kids [ 3 Answers ]

I remember watching this movie when I was little. It was a about kids that I believe found a dinasour that's all I can remember and it's driving me nuts! Help!

My kids are allowed to be kids! [ 1 Answers ]

We have been living in a condo (we own it, in BC Canada) for 11 months with our two young children; ages 3 years and 18 months. Our 3 yr old often puts a bit of a hop in her step when going from one room to another and likes to dance, play and be a kid; always within the hours of 9am to 9pm. The...

View more questions Search