Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WinonaWendy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2008, 05:42 AM
    Medicare Ins. Versus Kaiser ?
    I am a 67 year person working in Oregon. I have the chance to get off Medicare and take Kaiser through my work.

I want to know how to find our how much I am paying for Medicare?

How to get off it?

And if you think I would gum up the works by doing so. I only intend to work about 2 more years, so maybe I should just leave well enough alone. My Kaiser payments would be $73.00 per month.

SS will not answer above questions. Puts me on hold, automated phone calls take forever and no calls have been returned from my SS worker yet.

Thank you... so very much.
    deedeeowens Posts: 17, Reputation: 3

Jun 9, 2008, 03:38 PM
    Since you don't know what you're paying for medicare, I assume it must come right out of your paycheck. Look at one of your paycheck stubs and see if you can find the amount that is being deducted from your check. If you qualify for medicare I wouldn't recommend giving it up. Kaiser is a private insurance company. If you choose to pay monthly to have Kaiser, you will probably have a copay as well as the monthly cost. I don't know specifically how much benefit you are getting with medicare, but if it is enough to meet your current needs, I wouldn't recommend changing unless medicare is going to cut your benefits. I don't know a whole lot about medicare and how all that works, but I do know about Kaiser. I have Kaiser through my husbands job, but I pay out of pocket to see a private doctor instead. My experience with them hasn't been good. I wish you well!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Prison versus work [ 6 Answers ]

Subject: PRISON vs WORK IN PRISON.. you spend the majority of your time in an 8x10 cell. AT WORK... you spend the majority of your time in a 6x8 cubicle. IN PRISON... you get three meals a day. AT WORK... you only get a break for one meal and you pay for it. IN PRISON... you...

Bankruptcy versus foreclosure. [ 5 Answers ]

I have been trying to sell my home for 2 yrs. I can't afford to be paying this mortgage plus the equity loan I took out, and my new home mortgage. Should I look to foreclose and if I do will the 2nd loan be consisdered the same or will I have to pay that off. And there there is always the option of...

NPV versus IRR [ 0 Answers ]

What is the merits of NPV over IRR? Why is one favored over the other? Why is MIRR not used instead?:confused:

20 amp versus 15 amp [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, I would like to use 20 amp circuit breakers, 12 gauge wire, and 20 amp "commercial" outlets in my basement finishing job (for all the wiring you would normally service with 15 amp breakers). I know it's a little more expensive, but I like the idea of being able to expand when I need...

View more questions Search