Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joelle321 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 5, 2006, 10:05 AM
    Missed Period/ Negative Pregnant. Test
    Hi I'm joelle and I'm 21 yrs old. I went off the mircette birth control pill in October and for two months I had periods that came about 6 weeks apart... before going off the pill and before I started the pill they were like clockwork every 28 days. But I did get those two periods of normal length and heaviness. But after my January 5th period I haven't had one since and it is march 5th today. During that time I did have unprotected sex, but I took three at home pregnancy tests ,each about 2 weeks apart, after my first missed period and they all said negative. Im concerned but I don't feel any different... I haven't gained weight or had and morning sickness. Also I haven't been losing weight, exercising or dieting too much and am not overweight, all things I heard can make you miss periods. I am under a normal amount of stress nothing too out of the ordinary.so I don't think that's the cause. Please let me know what to do. Im getting worried.
    Joelle
    mrs.pennell Posts: 132, Reputation: 21

Mar 5, 2006, 11:41 AM
    Sometimes when you come off the pill it takes a little while before your body returns to "normal" and begins to regulate itself again. You should see your doctor to make sure things are okay.

P.S. I won't preach about the unprotected sex because I am going to assume that it was with one person, you are both monogamous and have been checked for STDs. Otherwise... :O!!
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 5, 2006, 10:07 PM
    Yeah... takes awhile to return to "normal"... whatever that is.

You're just in the hot seat for a little bit. Wish I could make you feel better. You're just going to have to do the time for a few more months.

You know you had unprotected sex and are paying the price. I'm not criticizing you... I've done it too. But this is the price you pay, at the very least. My first girlfriend did this dance many times and we were lucky... though we did know a little about how to tell when fertile...

Your post indicates you know all of the things that can offset a woman's period. God only knows what normal is concerning a woman's cycle.
    kayleigh1989 Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Nov 28, 2007, 04:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joelle321
    Hi im joelle and im 21 yrs old. I went off the mircette birth control pill in october and for two months i had periods that came about 6 weeks apart... before going off the pill and before i started the pill they were like clockwork every 28 days. but i did get those two periods of normal length and heaviness. but after my january 5th period i havent had one since and it is march 5th today. During that time i did have unprotected sex, but i took three at home pregnancy tests ,each about 2 weeks apart, after my first missed period and they all said negative. Im concerned but i dont feel any different... i havent gained weight or had and morning sickness. Also i havent been losing weight, exercising or dieting too much and am not overweight, all things i heard can make u miss periods. I am under a normal amount of stress nothing too out of the ordinary.so i dont think thats the cause. Please let me know what to do. Im getting worried.
    joelle
    The best thing to do is go to your doctors for advice good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Negative test and pregnancy symptoms [ 14 Answers ]

I am so confused my periods are usually irregular I was supposed to of started my period around April 17 or so but, I had unprotected sex with my husband April 20th. I am not on birth control. Well on May 1st I had what I thought was my period and I think was my period but, it lasted 2 days. It...

Missed period but negative pregnancy test [ 7 Answers ]

I am 4 days late I have always been regular for as long as I can remember A few weeks ago I learned I had a urinary tract infection and I went to the doctor to get it treated I haven't had any signs since could that be why I am late. I also had intercourse around the time this month I would or...

Help Confused Missed Period But negative Test [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I am a little concerned (although I probably don’t need to be) and I am keen to hear some opinions from others. My last period started on the 14th November, it is now 45 days later and still no period. My periods normally come about every 30 to 35days(not too sure exactly as I haven’t...

4 EPT Home test with NEGATIVE. What's wrong wit me? [ 6 Answers ]

Dear... Me having spotting for a week and it start early than my period schedule. What's wrong? Could I am pregnant or what? I had 4 negative on EPT home test and still spotting with some of little red/brown discharge and white stretchy like egg :( . HELP PLEASSEE

Causing a negative pregnancy test? [ 2 Answers ]

I a supposed to leave for Basic Training next week... A few weeks ago I found out I was pregnant, had a d&c, so I a no longer pregnant. However, my hcg levels are still being detected by a pregnancy tests. Is there anything I can drink or do to get my hcg levels to drop back to normal more quick?...

View more questions Search