Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    666genia6 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2008, 05:34 PM
    I feel guilty when I look at my parents because I was adopted
    Here's the story

I was adopted when I was 6, so I remember almost every thing. How bad it was living in a broken bilding in russia.
    When My parents got me I was so happy. But now I have major guilt over it. I'm costing so much money for them, I'm not good in school, I don't feel like I apresheat them unuf.

I think about it every day.

What should I do with theys feelings?
    shellyjo68 Posts: 100, Reputation: 11

Jun 2, 2008, 06:04 PM
    Talk to your parents about your feelings. They loved you enough to pick you out of all the children in the world so I am sure they love you enough to listen and talk about your feelings.

PS--My kid is 20 and still costs me $$$$$$$ every day. But it is worth every cent.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 2, 2008, 06:12 PM
    First that is what parents are for, to be there for you, they don't care if you are perfect or average or something else,

You have to leave to be happy with you.
    igman Posts: 69, Reputation: 7

Jun 6, 2008, 03:42 PM
    Shelly and fr chuck you are right on. My 3 kids are a pain in the rear but I wouldn't have it any other way. Talk to your parents I am sure they would love to know.
    jrebel7 Posts: 1,255, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2008, 10:31 PM
    We all go through times of feeling unworthy of being loved or accepted, even children who are born into families. So many people have children born to them with little love or even knowing how to love. When people adopt, they have sought you out, I imagine prayed to find just the right child for them (notice I said "just the right child", not a perfect child"). They found you, adopted you, loved you, and will forever. None of us are perfect.

You say you are not good in school and perhaps there are some attitudes you have projected toward your parents when you have become frustrated about school or other times. Please know we all have mouthed off to parents, given them attitude, cost them money at one time or another yet they continue to love and they know you appreciate them. Chances are, your feelings are stemming from feelings within yourself that you have failed some how but let me tell you, no matter what my children would do, nothing cuts that love! NOTHING! Nothing you would do would make your parents, who so tenderly sought you out, feel that you have failed them. As the others have suggested, take time to sit down with them and pour out your heart to them. It will strengthen your bond with them and theirs with you. Communication is key in any kind of relationship. Clear the air. You need some peace of mind. They are probably sensing you are troubled by something but may be waiting for you to be ready to share, not wanting to push you into opening up so help yourself and them... talk to them... share what you have shared with us. Best to you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How guilty should I feel? [ 4 Answers ]

OK. So my boyfriend and I just took a 'break' about two weeks ago. This is how it went: he called me on the phone to tell me that while he was traveling for two weeks, he did a lot of thinking about 'us'. I instantaneously knew what he was going to do, so I quickly prepared myself and told myself...

Not sure how to grieve.I feel guilty for some reason [ 4 Answers ]

My good friends' brother passed away a few days ago, I was with him when he got the news and immediately broke down, and have a couple times since. I don't have a lot of experience in dealing with death, I have never even been to a graveyard funeral, only a couple of memorials. I don't know why or...

He makes me feel guilty when I ask for a divorce [ 3 Answers ]

I have been married for 26 years. I got married when right after turning 18 and got out of high school. He always worked nights and I worked days. We have never went on vacation and he has always went fishing with his fiends every year on our anniversary. I feel I missed out on life and need to...

View more questions Search