Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leonard_dugan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2008, 02:53 PM
    AC Runs all time, barley cools
    My AC unit runs constantly, slightly cool air comes from registers, to get the house cool I have to set themostat to a real low setting, I replaced the filter, I vacuumed out the inside coil, now the system is just barely working, one repair tech showed me that the issue is with freon leaks on the unit with a leak detector and oil residue on the unt, another ac tech said leak detectors don't work and that my unit is working if the lines are cold, which one is correct?
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jun 2, 2008, 04:02 PM
    Dear leonard_dugan

Put your money on the first repair tech ! Freon leak detectors are real and working ! What you describe is typical for a freon leak. The problem is more : is the unit worth repairing (you didn't provide details on the unit itself). It's not just adding new freon. What is important is : is it possible to stop the leak properly? And will that repair be durable ?

Success!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan runs all the time [ 2 Answers ]

I have an American Standard heating and cooling unit. The fan in the attic runs 24/7. We have been told to disconnect the green wire in the thermosat to see if that was the problem we did that and it still ran. Then we were told that it could be a relay gone bad. When he opened the panel in the...

Fridge runs ALL THE TIME - cooling OK though [ 3 Answers ]

I recently got a used fridge from a friend. It's an admiral designer series and it's about 10 years old. Frost-free model, freezer on top. We had to place a service call on the machine as it wasn't cooling initially. Turns out there were ice cubes stuck in the freezer fan, preventing it from...

Can barley hear [ 1 Answers ]

First thing is first. Im 18 years old. I listen to loud music on occasion but not often. About 2 weeks ago my right ear was muffled. I could barley hear out of it. And it never went away and actually its in both ears now for about a week. And it seems to be getting worse. I don't want to go...

Fan runs all the time [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Day & Night Plus 80 model 395CAV 1992 vintage. I had some work done on the propane line coming into the house and forgot to turn on the gas before starting up the heater. I was also having problems with the thermostat losing the temperature setting at the same time. The heater did...

Tub Faucet runs at same time as Shower head [ 1 Answers ]

I am having a similar problem as this thread "Faucet and shower run simultaneously" https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/plumbing/faucet-shower-run-simultaneously-33198.html Except that I have a shower with 3 knobs. You turn the middle knob to turn the shower head on. This shower is at least ten...

View more questions Search