Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    _Me_ Posts: 107, Reputation: 2

Jun 2, 2008, 12:20 PM
    Reading Coordinates
    Does anyone know how I would read coordinates set in three groups? Here is what I mean, assuming I use ' as the degree symbol:

N 11' 33' 9'

Anyone know how to read these types of coordinates?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 2, 2008, 02:51 PM
    They are standard marine coorindates if you are looking at a marine map with caliper, then you read the degrees they mention at the top and bot tom of the page then use your caliper to find each one and note each one you find. The same as reading a road map when you are looking for a street in a town that says N l and 3.

It is kind of hard to explain, so get a cd to explain it to you, much easier to understand then.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 3, 2008, 02:33 PM
    This looks to me like the latitude of a position, shown in dgerees, minutes, and seconds. Like this:

Recall that each degree of latitude is subdivided into 60 minutes (shown by the ' symbol), and each minute is further subdivided into 60 seconds (indicated by the " symbol). So this example woud be north latitude 11 degrees, 33 minutes, 9 seconds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Finding the coordinates [ 3 Answers ]

hi! This is the problem included in a math contest of my brother. Could you please help me with this one. Given coordinates A(-5,2) and B(5,7) and Ax/xB = 2/3, find the coordinates of x.

View more questions Search