Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wayne888 Posts: 13, Reputation: 0

Jun 2, 2008, 12:00 PM
    I'm a drunk fool
    I'm an alcoholic, haven't stayed clean for more than a couple of days, what's life like without drink how do you cope, sober today and already I'm getting paranoid about what I've done, any help would be great, my mind is in overdrive just want to get drunk and hide, but I know I have to stop, :eek:
    mafiaangel180 Posts: 629, Reputation: 103

Jun 2, 2008, 12:06 PM
    Well, therapy is a great place to start. A support group. These are great motivators to help you stay sober. I would definitely recommend them. I would also start exercising. Walking a few miles every night. It will allow you to work off stress, etc. Plus it gets you healthy.
    DR Ruth-less Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2008, 12:12 PM
    How long have you been dependent on alcohol. How long has it been that you have identified yourself as an alcoholic.
    wayne888 Posts: 13, Reputation: 0

Jun 3, 2008, 04:39 AM
    14 years abusing it, the last 7/8 really badly lost total control, still sober today but its hard really trying to stay positive, but feel like I'm failing, reality is kicking in and its scarey.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 3, 2008, 05:11 AM
    The people at AA are great, there is no magic cure, It is hard but what you have done before is the same, sober or drunk, you don't change the past by drinking, merely start new bad memories
    MayfairLady Posts: 147, Reputation: 23

Jun 4, 2008, 04:40 PM
    Congratulations wayne in admitting you are an alcoholic. This is the first step in recovery! Admitting you have a problem. Now all you need to do is find the solution. There is a solution in AA. AA teaches you how to live without alcohol - alcoholics do not know how to live without alcohol, we need step my step guidance! Your racing head, guilt and remorse, paranoia and wanting to run away and hide is what is called the disease of alcohol-ISM and this is what needs treated. Alcohol will not cure your alcoholism, it will only make it worse! That is the trap you are caught in. AA is the way out. Seek help now, you can do it. Find a meeting and ask for help & u will be OK! Trust me I have been there!
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2008, 07:06 PM
    Keep staying positive, stick with group like AA, or any group where you feel a positive link. You know you have a problem , you just need to talk to people with similar problems where you can work out issues. Don't give up hope, there's a lot of help out there, especially on the web, if not in you general area. Check out sites and/or start talking to people! Step number 1.
    DR Ruth-less Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2008, 06:24 AM
    This is not advice but merely a story of what I experienced. Take from it what you will if there is anything of use,

I started drinking about a bottle a day when I went through a tough break up... truth be told I got slaughtered just two nights ago. The thing is that you think its helping but its only a temporary fix. I've done this so many times that it seems the only way to cope and eventually I found I was just drinking every night, as it was easier to pass out at night after struggling the whole day with my emotions. The thing is I need take a stand for myself now because the thing that caused the pain (emotional) is long gone and I'm left with the sh1t. Got to focus the very little time I have left here on ME and start enjoying life, knowing that there are people out there who if I allow them will hurt me again.
    But its up to me how long I dwell on this. And I realise now that that is the key. I've always wondered how people can just brush things off as if they don't care... I know how important and effective this is now in terms of self preservation. I understand now that they were not heartless but merely trying to keep themselves from falling into that same trap I allowed myself to fall into. OK enough about me... :)

The point I'm making is that it takes a conscious decision to love yourself and protect your own heart, because you should always be number one in your own life even if you have children because if you can't be number one they will learn to be 2nd best too.

Just get up and go... AA is an option they will help you uncover the ability in you that you already posses to beat this thing...
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2008, 05:06 PM
    Get in tocuh with some group, church, friend, organization, web site, just talk with someone, who understands and can give you the supposrt you so need!
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Jun 13, 2008, 05:40 PM
    The good news is, it gets better. In fact, amazingly better, but that takes time. You have to not drink (and for an alcoholic, that's really weird.) You have to get really, really honest with yourself, about yourself, all the time.

Go to AA and talk your guts out. Don't worry what they think because you are helping them stay sober with every word, and they know it. Don't keep secrets. Sometimes it's inappropriate to tell a certain person or any person. Then you tell someone else, it might be a neutral friend, it may have to be your dog, or the prayer plant, or even your journal. Drinking is all about hiding as you know. Come out of hiding, share yourself with the world, one day at a time.

Even if you have to start over, it's so worth it. Alcohol is a very nasty friend. Kick him to the curb and tell him to "shut it."

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Feeling like a fool. [ 12 Answers ]

There's this guy I been talking to on and off for about a few months, we met over the internet he lives about an hour away. Before we met, our talking was real iffy there were good convo's but the sexual element entered our convo's too early, we made plans to meet soon after we started taling but I...

About the song fool [ 5 Answers ]

I am trying to find out who did the song fool from the late 60's or early 70's. I think it is a country song

Am I being played for a fool? [ 6 Answers ]

I've started dating a girl, we are now in a relationship. She is nice, caring,friendly etc... What bothers me is I always have to initiate the first level of affection i.e. kiss or a cuddle. After this she does it off her own back too... I know she was hurt in the past and thnks "all guys are the...

Figure this fool out for me! [ 5 Answers ]

I met this guy we hit it off instantly, had everything in common, mutual attraction, been talking for a couple of weeks.. then out of the blue he stops talking to me... when I question this he says he's having a lot of personal problems thrown to him at once and he prefers to be left alone when...

I know I was a fool [ 6 Answers ]

All right, I know you all are getting sick of my story but I really would like some advice because I keep getting myself in too deep. For those of you who don't know, there is this guy in almost all my classes and I really like him. He had been trying to be with me for a whole year and maybe more...

View more questions Search