Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rockniu Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2008, 11:32 AM
    Domestic Violence - No arrest
    My wife and I got an argument this Saturday night. We did some push-and-shoves during the argument. My wife wanted to give me a warning and called 911 in the Sunday morning. The police came and asked both of us the questions. No photo was taken and we did not sign any documents. Simply, the police just let me stay outside of the house for a day and did not arrest me, but they took my driver license and wrote down my name and SSN. My wife did not place a charge on me and will not testify. I am wondering if the police will come back to arrest me or place a charge on me later? Or should I consult a lawyer? Thanks a lot!!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2008, 11:49 AM
    Hello rock:

You should consult a lawyer. It doesn't matter what your wife does or doesn't do. If the cops think there was a crime, you'll be charged.

excon

Jun 2, 2008, 11:53 AM
    Thanks for the reply. But if there was no arrest, I should be fine, right?
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2008, 11:59 AM
    Hello:

That IS a good sign. However, they can always arrest you later. I'm troubled by the fact that they took your drivers license... That AIN'T a good sign.

I'd still hire a lawyer.

excon

Jun 2, 2008, 12:00 PM
    Oh, The police took my license for my name and SSN, then returned it to me.
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2008, 12:03 PM
    Hello again, rock:

Cool. Then hold your breath, and don't wack the old lady anymore.

excon

Jun 2, 2008, 12:11 PM
    Thanks, excon.
    I already had my lesson.
    johnnycupcakes Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2008, 12:44 AM
    You shouldn't worry about a later arrest. The police more than likely took down your name and SSN for later use if they are called again. If you do it again it will come up in their computers and they will arrest you then. Just don't touch her or anyone else!!
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 16, 2008, 01:20 AM
    I sure hope you DID learn your lesson, and you are man enough to NEVER put your hands on your wife in anger EVER again! Why would you not testify? You are lucky that your wife dropped the charges. You may not be so lucky the next time you are "pushing and shoving". Man up, and walk away before it gets to that level. Either that, or have a lawyer on speed dial.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Domestic violence [ 2 Answers ]

By law, do I still have to testify against my boyfriend if we get married.

Domestic violence [ 3 Answers ]

Look my boyfriend went to jail got a 100 thousand dollar bail for domestic violence, came home 2 days later to his moms where he is now. What I want to know is when I go to court I am going to tell the truth I just don't want him to go to jail or be fined because we have a newborn together. What...

Domestic Violence [ 5 Answers ]

My husband has been charged with domestic violence when in reality it wasn't such a severe situation. It was I who was upset and he called the cops hoping that they would calm me down, instead they arrested us. I refused to say anything but then they said that my husband was accussing me of...

Domestic violence [ 4 Answers ]

Will the Grand Jury listen to the victim in a grand jury proceeding when the victim wants to drop the charges. If the victim cannot remember the incident.

Domestic violence [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know why if you turn some one in why don't you do any thing. My daughter went with a man who we thought was very nice till my daughter started supporting black and burses. I turn him in to the Redford po;ice for beating the hell out of my daughter and they put him in jail for the...

View more questions Search