Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tankman55 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2008, 03:22 AM
    Windows downloads
    At the time of writing, I now have 98 windows updates waiting to download but computer will not install them.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jun 2, 2008, 04:11 AM
    Dear tankman55

It seems that the computer is the smartest ! :)

To help you you have to specify which OS you run, what you have installed already, and what warning you get when trying to download/install the updates.
    invisibleman_productions Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

Jun 3, 2008, 08:38 AM
    Windows 98 Solution Center
    # End of support for Windows 98 and Windows Me
    Effective July 11, 2006, Windows 98, Windows 98 Second Edition, and Windows Me (and their related components) will transition to a non-supported status. After this date, Microsoft will no longer provide any incident support options or security updates. Microsoft is not offering a custom support agreement for these products.
    tankman55 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2008, 02:32 PM
    A friend emailed me with the following suggestion to resolve the problem.

Please click on the link given below:

http://djlizard.net/software/Dial-a-fix-v0.60.0.24.zip

It would ask you to 'Run' or 'Save' the file.

Click on 'Save', and save the file on the 'Desktop'. Run the saved file which is known as "dial-a-fix"------- Tick all the options in the window ------ Click on Go ------- it will prompt you for the time and date, set it correct and, then click on 'OK.'

After completion of the process (it might take 5 minutes), click on 'Exit' and then, try to update Windows.

Once we have performed the above steps, please access the Windows Update site and see, if the issue is resolved.
    It worked. It took about 20 minuets. Tankman 55

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Music downloads [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find totally free music downloads with no gimmicks:confused:

Movie Downloads [ 1 Answers ]

How much space will downloading a movie onto a PSP take? I bought a 1.0GB memory stick PRO Duo and I want to make sure it will hold at least one movie and some music videos before I open it. Thanks.

Spyware downloads [ 8 Answers ]

How much better are the copies of Adaware that you have to pay for compared to the free version you can download online? Someone told me today that the free version online wouldn't hardly help you out at all. I downloaded my version from the internet and it works for me just fine. The other...

Music etc. Downloads [ 2 Answers ]

I am interested in anyone's experience of downloading this unlimited service from:- http://www.radiohangout.com/133.html Is it worthwhile and genuine? George H.

Mp3 downloads [ 8 Answers ]

What's the best website to download Mp3 music?

View more questions Search