Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    eoc2001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2008, 02:27 AM
    Writing a Proposal
    I need help writing a business proposal for a power washing job. I am supposed to give a quote on how much a job might cost. Can any give me an example of a bid proposal letter... Thanks
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2008, 02:43 AM
    I am assuming that your bid is concerning power washing a deck of some kind. Is that correct? Do you know how to use Microsoft Excel? If you do, then that is a good program to use concerning making bid proposals. Just tonight, I was using Excel to make a bid proposal concerning power washing and staining a deck.

If this is concerning a deck, are you also going to be staining it? It would be helpful to know that.

Thanks!
    HydroHybrid Posts: 30, Reputation: 0

Jun 2, 2008, 03:26 AM
    Overall it is pretty simple but your figures are critical:

1. Hours X Hourly rate= Labor
    2. Materials (what you change including cost to obtain since you do the shopping)
    3. Statement regarding hidden costs (if you discover part of the deck is damaged do they want it replaced.
    4. Payment arrangements including a late fee (in NY it is hard to collect through small claims unless you have a statement regarding late fees, legal cost incurred and such)

There are models out of the internet. MS has one that you can pick from a menu.

The time you spend on this one will give you a model for future.

Good Luck...
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2008, 03:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroHybrid
    Overall it is pretty simple but your figures are critical:

1. Hours X Hourly rate= Labor
    2. Materials (what you change including cost to obtain since you do the shopping)
    3. Statement regarding hidden costs (if you discover part of the deck is damaged do they want it replaced.
    4. Payment arrangements including a late fee (in NY it is hard to collect through small claims unless you have a statement regarding late fees, legal cost incurred and such)

There are models out of the internet. MS has one that you can pick and choose from a menu.

The time you spend on this one will give you a model for future.

Good Luck....
    Yes, the figures are critical. And, it would be helpful to know if eoc2001 is concerning power washing a deck or something else.

Normally, people aren't charging per hour if they are cleaning a deck. Plus, costs other than that which is provided would normally be covered in a contract.
    jon123 Posts: 240, Reputation: 3

Jun 6, 2008, 11:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by eoc2001
    I need help writing a business proposal for a power washing job. I am supposed to give a quote on how much a job might cost. Can any give me an example of a bid proposal letter.....Thanks
    I was just going to ask the same thing as a tradesman myself! Of coarse this all depends on the area you live.. for instance I live in one of the richest areas in usa.. nnj and I know between my advertising and business insurance, I like to get at least 300 to 400 a good days work.. mind you , a days work also includes preparing for the job,your own powerwashing equipment/transportation full/experience. That is excluding free estimate.. I shop for the products for the right job. Like experienced professional consultants , we too also have to charge a fee for the knowledge base in that through expertise we get the job done right using proper materials and the tools for each application. For instance , I would not recommend powerwashing an old splinttering deck ! Instead ,I'd use a deck cleaning solution. In some cases, I would use both or none before staining or restaining a wooden deck! There are specific steps for each specific job to get the best results. Hope this helps. Also note, p.washers can cause a lot of damage in the inexprerienced hands. Know your equipment
    Uber Member

Jun 8, 2008, 01:08 AM
    The national averages for cleaning and staining decks range anywhere from $1.50 to $3.50 a square foot. I have researched this extensively. It depends on where you are located and whether you would like to include the cost of the materials in your estimate. As such, it would help to know where you are located and whether you would like to include the cost of the materials into the estimate or not.

I am hoping that eoc2001 will come along again, and respond to the questions that have been posted on this thread.
    chochocho Posts: 60, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2013, 02:05 AM
    Hi All,
    I'm an artist that did a concept design of a mobile app and I have a partner based in Russia who will be doing the programming development for the app. We agreed to share the revenues from the appstore and also the development cost, and my part of the development is about $10000. The problem is that I can't fund my own part of the development cost, so I solicitated for funding for my own part of the money from venture capitalists on linkedin site and I've been lucky to find someone that is ready to fund my own part and the venture capitalist has requested me to write a business proposal/plan for the project.
    My problem now is that I don't know how to write this proposal, so I would need someone to give me a breakdown of how approach writing this business plan, so I can win over this venture capitalist.

Thanks and I'll appreciate your help.

Ugo
    chochocho Posts: 60, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2013, 11:17 AM
    Sorry, wrong post from me

Ugo[/QUOTE]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Writing a proposal [ 2 Answers ]

I'm having no luck in locating a free site to view samples of written proposals. My boss has instructed me to write a proposal to add additional staff to our unit. I understand the concept of what I need to include but I'm unable to find samples of this type of proposal. Majority of what...

Small business proposal writing [ 1 Answers ]

I need to write a proposal for a small business grant. Can anyone help me with this? I have never wirtten one. Your help with outline or sample outline would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. asham47

Proposal [ 1 Answers ]

How to write a software development proposal ? Examples will be helpful Thank you

View more questions Search