Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jan b Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2006, 07:20 PM
    Hampton bay remote control ceiling fan
    I have a Hampton Bay Windward II 54” ceiling fan and fluorescent lamp with remote control. I replaced the original fluorescent circline lamp with a new one. Now the light won’t turn won’t stay on or dim and the fan operates properly. Any ideas?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2006, 08:02 PM
    Sounds like a problem with the ballast of the light. I've heard of problems with these. You'll have to contact Hampton Bay, or take the whole fan back to Home Depot. Here are a list of contacts for Hampton Bay:

http://www.bandwidthcrazy.com/ceilin...topic.php?t=45
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Mar 6, 2006, 08:03 PM
    PS are you sure you used the appropriate replacement bulb?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Remote Video/fan Remote Control [ 16 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Video & Fan Remote Control (Model #UR8050T). It has been working fine for about 2 years until it recently began malfunctioning. It still operates the television, but the use of the fan/light features has stopped working. It will not turn the fan on or off, and the light is...

Hampton Bay Remote Control Installation [ 2 Answers ]

I am trying to understand the installation procedures for installing a remote control into a Hampton Bay (Mod. 197 878) Grammercy Fan. The reomote receiver has a total of 6 wires. One is the antenna wire, and that speaks for itself. There are black, white and blue wires on one side, and I...

Can Hampton Bay remote control be discarded [ 6 Answers ]

:rolleyes: Yes another Hampton Bay remote question. I have one existing switch controlling the fan. And One existing dimmer controlling the light. The box at the ceiling having white (neutral), a Hot (Black) and a Hot (Pink). The previous fan connected Black to black, white to white, and pink to...

Hampton Bay Fan remote control install [ 1 Answers ]

I have purchased a Hampton Bay ceiling fan 198-374 and a wireless remote 191-691. I am sure they are both campatable. But, the booklet for the fan has a warning to reduce the risk of fire do not use this fan with any solid-state fan speed control device. I have installed many ceiling fans but this...

View more questions Search