Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kellyybell Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2008, 07:38 PM
    80's children movie with hot air balloon and bad guy
    This is driving both myself and my brother nuts. There was this movie, or series of movie in the late 80s... it may have been canadian... I'm not sure. There was a boy and a girl and they had a dog with a weird antennae thing on its head... they were always trying to run away from this bad guy and they had this mechanized hot air balloon.

They would travel to different worlds to get away from the bad guy by going through these doors.

If anyone knows anything or has any idea what I'm talking about I will be eternally grateful! Thanks!
    Gozer37 Posts: 32, Reputation: 5

Jun 15, 2008, 09:33 PM
    I think this is the movie I'm trying to figure out. Did the boy have a red suit and the dog talked? The boy got kidnapped by broccoli looking aliens and put him on a round table ? I know this doenst answer anything but maybe we can put our minds to gether if your talking about the same movie. Haha

Jun 16, 2008, 03:41 AM
    YES. I think both the boy and the girl had red suits... and I'm vaguely remembering something about kidnapping broccoli. I don't remember the dog talking, but then again I don't remember every detail.

Its so frustrating isn't it? I think there were a few of these out or maybe just one with different episodes. I think I saw it when I was 8 or 9 and I'm 28 now... so that was a long time ago.
    Gozer37 Posts: 32, Reputation: 5

Jun 17, 2008, 05:59 AM
    When I saw this movie It was on HBO before cable boxes came out. Maybe I was 7 or 8. I'm 30 now. I have read abunch of these things and cartoons back in the day were violent. Maybe that's why I'm a big horror fan now. Darn that movie!! Maybe it was a series. Every time I saw it though it was the same epesode. With the Broccoli aliens. Seems like that boy was being tortured on a round table spread eagle. When the crew came to rescue him I think the dog talked and made fun of the broccoli aliens. I remember him having glasses and walking upright, or maybe he just has antena like you said. This movie haunts my sister as well.

Jun 20, 2008, 03:23 AM
    Ahh yeah. It seems that everyone knows what this is but no one really "knows".
    Byroncornell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2009, 09:04 PM
    Little nemo

Best movie from my childhood
    jdandylion Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2009, 08:38 PM
    Time bandits. You're welcome.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very Very Vague Description of 80's Children Movie... Need movie title [ 8 Answers ]

Ok there's probably no hope here but I'll try anyway... There is a movie I watched when I was very young and would like to get a hold of it. It was in the mid 80's when I watched it but the movie could have been made in the 70's sometime. Pretty much the only part I can remember is these...

80's movie with runaway children [ 1 Answers ]

This Movie Is From The Early 80's I Think. It Has Children That Run Away From Home With Their Older Sister. They End Up Hiding Out In An Old Shed In The Woods That Has An Old Tractor Inside And The Sister States They Can Eat The Pecans That Fall From The Trees Around The Shed. I Remember One Of...

80's children movie [ 2 Answers ]

I need help with an 80's children's movie title. I was about 5 years old, and all I remember about the movie was a little girl was in a mansion, and she had sort of fountain that had some type of magical balls in it... for some reason I want to say this was in her closet? It was not a cartoon. ...

80's animated children movie [ 1 Answers ]

I remember a boy and a dog.. possibly St. Bernard.. they drive around in a little red car.. it goes in and out of reality and animation.. there was a red and white striped barber pole.. and there were clouds.. I know this movie is somewhere.. if you can help me at all.. it would be greatly...

80's? Children fantasy movie! Help! [ 2 Answers ]

I am 17 and I remember watching this movie when I was a little girl. So I'm pretty sure it was made in the 80's or 90's. Well the only things I remember about the movie is that it involved the song... "do your ears hang low? do they wobble two and fro? can you tie them in a knot? can you tie them...

View more questions Search