Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kia Posts: 272, Reputation: 13

Jun 1, 2008, 03:42 PM
    My boyfriend is attracted to my mother
    Okay, I'm in my 20's and my botfyirend is in his mid 30's. He's the oldest guy I have ever dated, but things have been going OK so far. He is churchgoing and hardworking which is nice. The only thing is that he has a preference for light skinned women, but says he doesn't trust them so he would never settle down with one; but I had to stop him from making comments to me over and over about how beautiful they are. Now I am a brownskinned african american female, and I'm attractive in my own right, but I am not light skinned. Now the isue is that my mother is very fair skinned, with long nautral wavv hair. She is very beautful, and I am am proud(wish I looked a little more like her, but that's my father's fault.. lol). My boyfriend makes comments every once iin a while and asks where she is from time to time. He also told me that he would approach her in the street if he didn't know who she was. He joked a couple times and asked if I would be mad if he stole her away from my stepfather, and other foolish stuff. I don't mind a little joking but he can be pretty arrogant, and thinks he's extremely attractive, and I'm a little nervous to bring him home to meet them because I don't want him to say or do something stupid that will totally embarrass me. I also don't want to hear him go on and on about my mother once we are alone. Just sometimes the tone in his voice when he asks where she is, just makes me wonder what his angle is at times.

I don't want to talk to him about it because I don't want to come off insecure to him, and I'm living at home right now and I find myself feeling akward or funny I guess when my mother asks to meet him. Not that I don't trust her, or would even think that she would like him; I justfeel so compared all of a sudden.

So.. am I being silly? How should I handle this situation?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 1, 2008, 03:53 PM
    He sounds like you need to dump him. First his stupid idea is so raciest that you can't trust light skinned girls. That is just so for fetched. For him to really believe that and to keep talking about other women to you.

He is not the type of man just for saying this, that anyone should want to date.

Add to this his talk about your mother, not worth the trouble.
    tawnynkids Posts: 622, Reputation: 111

Jun 1, 2008, 04:10 PM
    Why consider continuing in a relationship with someone you can't trust implicitly? Seriously, I've had ex-boyfriends who joked about being with my mother because she was so beautiful... key word... ex. You should make yours one also. Sorry that is not what you want not hear I am sure. But the truth isn't always what we want to hear. You feel insecure because apparently he does little if anything at all to make you feel secure with him. That's a flag all by itself. Life is SO short, don't waste it with someone who doesn't make you feel like you are THE special one!
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jun 1, 2008, 04:18 PM
    Ignoring the clear danger signals your boyfriends is THE past the frustration, misery, disappointment... later you'll say you're "confused by it all and don't know what to do"... when in truth you're just covering for his awfulness with your own heart.

As long as that's your goal, then you're doing fine.

If you're goal is catch a GOOD fish, well, time to put the line back in the water. Throw this one back.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend is disprespectful to his mother! Will I be treated the same? [ 19 Answers ]

Can you really tell how a man will treat you by the way he treats his mother? I've already posted on this site about how my boyfriend is cheap with me, but I have other concerns as well. Whenever we go up to Vermont to visit his parents, he gets very impatient with his mother and is often just...

Boyfriend will not move out.My mother owns the house! [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend won't move out... My Mother owns the house, and we live in one of the apartments... he has been telling me that she cannot evict him without evicting me also... which doesn't make much sense to me at all! There is no lease, we pay month to month (since I'm family and all). So what I'm...

I don't think my boyfriend is attracted to me anymore. [ 13 Answers ]

My boyfriend is currently living 2000 miles away from me, going to school, so we are in a long distance relationship, every time we are together, we at least have sex a couple times in the week periods we get to meet up. :) I hadn't seen him for 5 months, and I flew out to see him for New Years,...

Mother with new boyfriend blowing off kids father [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost 6 years. We have a 3 year old son together and he has 2 kids daughter 8, son 7. The mother of his older children has 4 kids all together, 2 older than my step kids. She is not very responsible. She parties a lot and will do anything to get rid of her...

My mother is against me seeing my boyfriend. :( [ 1 Answers ]

My mother is straight down against me seeing my boyfriend. Well i can see where she's coming from as im 15 years old and my boyfriend is 21. Now probably the first thing that comes to your head is...oh my, he must be some perveted man. But honestly he's not. He doesnt look his age and acts like hes...

View more questions Search