Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    noss Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2008, 02:12 PM
    Shrimp in Lobster Sauce
    Hi massplumber,

I think I found the right place. You mentioned Shrimp in Lobster Sauce (Oh, YUM!) and you might post the recipe.

PLEASE do post it for us. I would love a good recipe for that as well. I did copy your onion soup recipe and can't wait to try it.

Thanks,

noss
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jun 1, 2008, 03:24 PM
    I'm glad you found it!

I'm also glad you asked about this recipe specifically as I'm hoping someone else might have a good lobster sauce recipe to suggest... :D

Anyway... Here is the links to the recipe I was talking about:

Lobster Sauce Recipe - Chinese Cooking Recipes - a Chinese Cooking Recipe for Lobster Sauce

Shrimp With Lobster Sauce Recipe - Chinese Shrimp Recipes - a Chinese Recipe for Stir-fried Shrimp With Lobster Sauce

I changed this up by combining the tips on the shrimp with lobster sauce recipe to the shrimp only and then combined the shrimp with the other lobster sauce recipe... I think I came up with a winner!

I started with their lobster sauce recipe almost exact 1st time I made it... except the eggs and the fermeted beans. It only called for 1/4Lb of ground pork (available at all super markets that I know of) and did not last long at our table... so pay attention to serving size.

I gauged it like a hamburger helper idea... you know, 1lb meat for family of 4 so had to multiply the whole recipe times 4... that should make you laugh when you see the ingredients list! Broken down into the separate bowls as the author suggested worked really well.. so follow instructions pretty exact.

For example, the 1lb meat gets 3 cups chicken stock.. but it all worked out to a nice thick sauce around the pork.

Also, as I increased the servings I found that less sherry and soy sauce was needed then is calculated.. all up to your personal taste of course. And I like peas... so I added peas, too.

Play around with the shrimp a bit... then add to the finished lobster sauce... serve alongside a bed of jasmine rice and has become a real comfort food for us once inawhile.

Let me know what you think... Mark
    noss Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2008, 08:29 PM
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for the links. Looks really good.

Noss

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I Add Ghost Shrimp? [ 1 Answers ]

Do you think I can put small goldfish, 3 snails, and 2-3 ghost shrimp together? I've heard about goldfish eating shrimp before, but what if I put a lot of hiding places for the shrimp? Should I add the shrimp, or is it just a waste?

Lobster [ 2 Answers ]

How long does it take for a lobster to actually die once you put it in boiling water ?

Tail on shrimp [ 6 Answers ]

What is the etiquette for eating tail on shrimp?

Is Hot Sauce Bad For Dogs? [ 4 Answers ]

My 13 week old Dane gets in to and onto every thing. He had a taste of some hot sauce. Don't know if if will hut him,aside from the burn. Are there any dangers? Thanks

Eating shrimp [ 5 Answers ]

How should you eat shrimp with tails on in public

View more questions Search