Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Plantylala Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2008, 01:08 PM
    Kittens have fleas
    Has anyone any information about putting diatomaceous earth on kittens 10 weeks old for prevention of fleas? I also would like to know how much Advantage flea drops is suggested for 10-12 week old kittens. These are ferel and wouldn't attempt to bathe them. Thanks
    mymemine Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2008, 04:58 PM
    I used Advantage flea drops without a problem or haring the kiten, worked good
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Jun 2, 2008, 08:44 AM
    I don't like using chemicals on really young animals. Have you tried garlic? You can chop it, cook in a few T of butter like 40 sec. in the microwave, then spread on some soft bread, or mix it with smelly food like a can of tunafish. The fleas will flee!
    MEDIstaff4u Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2008, 12:37 AM
    There are several types of flea meds u can get for kittens that are designed for kittens. There are a few that you can put on them even as young as a few days old. I think someone told me Adams has a product for young kittens.
    mango06 Posts: 2, Reputation: 3

Aug 7, 2008, 08:13 PM
    I just made a flea discovery that blows my mind. Vitamin E oil. You can buy it at any supermarket, it's totally natural, and not in any way harmful. Plus, it kills fleas on contact. I literally put some on my kitten this morning, because she has so many bites, and this evening I found maybe 6 fleas on her, where before I was finding 20 to 30 every few hours. It soothes her itching, too, so she doesn't scratch the crap out of herself. Just a few minutes ago, I saw a flea on her, and put a drop of oil on, and it was dead. Or, at least, it wasn't moving, and was easily removed, and flushed.
    Those flea combs are great, too. The best way I've found is to stand over a sink, keep the water running, and comb the kitten over it; the fleas fall off the comb, and into the running water, and get washed away. It's important to pour something in after, though, like detergent or hand soap, other wise the little monsters will just hop right back out again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fleas on Kittens [ 2 Answers ]

My 3 day old kittens have fleas. How do I treat them?

6 kittens. Fleas. [ 2 Answers ]

Our cat had 6 kittens.. (all VERY cute) they are now 6 weeks old and have fleas WHAT CAN I DO are they old enuf to give a flea bath? Can we flea bath the mom and de flea there envornment w.o them getting sick or dying? HELP ASAP

2 week old kittens have fleas [ 1 Answers ]

Flea problem in house. I have used reliable products to clear the house and mummy cat is free of alll fleas but my two week old kittens are infested. Can't use usual stuff as they are too little, can anybody advise me on how to rid my kittens of the fleas? Jo :mad:

My 2 week. Old kittens have fleas [ 17 Answers ]

My 2 week old kittens have fleas really bad and all the meds say they have to be 12 weeks to use on them. I'm desperate to do something before they end up dying. Can anyone help me. I'm afraid I don't have much time!:(

Kittens and fleas [ 5 Answers ]

I have four kittens that have fleas and I don't know how to get rid of them.:( Can some one help me! Thank you

View more questions Search