Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    revhead Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2008, 10:06 AM
    Blower motor only runs in low speed
    Im running my air conditioning and my blower motor is only running in low speed. I have a american standard furnace model no. ud080c936j I came home from work and the house was hot so I went to turn on the air but it was already on. So I went down to check the furnace and the blower wasn't working. I took off the cover and felt the motor and it was hot!! I let it cool down for about 2 hours. I started it back up and the fan was only running in low speed. Do you think my motor is bad or could it be something else

Marvin copenhaver
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jun 1, 2008, 04:31 PM
    Check or replace the motor run capacitor with one of same value.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can blower motor speed be adjusted on a Day and Night furnace ? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Day and Night up flow furnace, about 13 years old. Can the blower motor speed be adjusted to a slower speed ? There is only 8 feet of duct and the noise coming out of the registers is very loud. Model # 395CAV036055 66,000 BTU Blower # 511, 1/3 hp If no one has any info, does...

3 speed ceiling fan runs on only two speeds [ 5 Answers ]

We have a 3 speed ceiling fan that runs on only two speeds. I have tried replacing the pull chain but that does not fix the problem. The fan use to have high, medium and low. We now have high, low and nothing. Any suggestions.

Blower motor runs slow [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Luxaire Furnace with a/c, blower motor on furnace runs but very slowly, what would cause this, units are about 9 yrs. Old, motor starts slow and stays slow

Blower motor runs constantly with thermostat in Off position [ 2 Answers ]

The original problem was that periodically the blower motor would stop running when cooling which caused the outdoor unit coil/condenser to freeze up. If I cut the unit off, let it melt, turn it back on, it would run fine for a period. That period could be 3 hours or 3 days. After taking a...

High Speed Blower motor [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Pulse 21 gas single zone forced air furnace. The blower motor is supposed to have 3 speeds. Right now everything works but when I turn on my AC the blower uses the same speed that it does for heat. Could there be something wrong or do I just need to rewire something?

View more questions Search