Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dayslug24 Posts: 62, Reputation: 5

Jun 1, 2008, 08:23 AM
    Annoying Fuzzy things floating everywhere
    We have white fuzzy seed - things floating all over the yard/neighborhood and accumulating heavily, making a huge mess that is causing me to go insane every time I go outside.
    The once green grass looks like it has a dusting of snow, and my once clean garage has gigantic clusters of this stuff that looks like it may be planning to attack and take over.
    I heard that this stuff is from dogwood trees, but I do not remember it being this much of a problem in the past.
    I guess my question is what is this stuff, and how long will we be under siege?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 1, 2008, 08:59 AM
    The severity of the winter has caused many trees to produce more seeds than normal. This is a tree self defense thing trying to preserve their species in the event of another bad winter. Just like Maple tree helicopter the cottonwood will disappear in a few weeks, just keep mowing as normal.
    wildandblue Posts: 663, Reputation: 57

Jun 1, 2008, 10:49 AM
    Our weeping willow does it too. It's ankle deep in places. This is how the cottonwood tree gets it's name. Mice, birds etc. love this stuff to line their burrows and nests. Folklore has it it's a sign of a really cold winter coming!
    dayslug24 Posts: 62, Reputation: 5

Jun 1, 2008, 05:45 PM
    Thanks for the info!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 1, 2008, 07:27 PM
    Folklore tends to be true, often, unfortunately for us. Trees under stress try to keep the species alive by produciong more seeds than normal and they seem to be doing things correctly. Keep your snow shovels ready for eraly October, that's in 4 months.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fuzzy Bunz? As good as they say? [ 7 Answers ]

I have always been a firm believer that disposable is just plain better on the whole cloth/disposable diaper war... but recently I have read many articles that say the Fuzzy Bunz diapers aren't the same as the cloth diapers Grandma used. I have read and seen testimonials from several moms saying...

Tv screen fuzzy [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Samsung TV and yesterday I was playing my xbox on it and everything was fine, today when I turned it on the screen is fuzzy. I have tried everything I can think of to fix the problem. What could be causing this problem? Also I'm in Farah Afghanistan and its about 100 nearly every day now...

Fuzzy pictures [ 3 Answers ]

I have some old pictures that were sent to me on email. I can only print them on paper or photo paper. They are very fuzzy and I was wondering if anyone could clear up the pictures for me so I can see them clearer. Thank you

Print is fuzzy on PC [ 10 Answers ]

I'm not computer literate... and not sure if this is where my question belongs. Let me try. I have a PC and all of a sudden the print is blurry. I thought it was my eyes, but I can Read a book without the letters getting blurry. I made the print bigger, but it's still a Bit blurry. Do you...

How to permanently fix fuzzy images? HELP! [ 4 Answers ]

Pictures displayed are very fuzzy, looks like a bunch of fuzzy boxes linked together to form a very bad OUT OF FOCUS PICTURE . I can get a good picture if I right click "Display Imagine with Full Quality"" or "display all images with Full Quality". That's all well and good but it also takes a...

View more questions Search