Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abrar lodi Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2008, 05:48 AM
    What are the medecinal properties of copper pod plant
    Hello I'm abrar intrested in hebal medicines with special reference to various medicinal plants available in India.Im on the look out for the Pharmacokinetics based on scientific reseaeches carried out across the world so that some of my formulation in the early stage could be monitoredwith the medical society solely for the benefit of ailing humanity. Reply:)
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Jun 1, 2008, 06:26 AM
    Herbs for health: Medicinal Plants in Thailand.(Khee-lek)

Medicinal Plants in Thailand.

Cassia siamea Lamk.
    FABACEAE
    Cassod Tree, Thai Copper Pod
    Thai name : Khee-lek

Tree, 10-15 m high. Leaves even-pinnate, alter­nate; leaflets oblong, about 1.5 cm wide, 4 cm long, young leaves covered with greenish brown hair. In­florescence in terminal panicle; flowers yellow. Pod flat, long and thick.

Heartwood: tranquilizer, antipyretic. Leaf: laxa­tive, diuretic. Dose: 2-3 handfuls of young leaf, boil with 1-1.5 glasses of water and a little salt, drink once a day before breakfast. Flower: antihypertensive, tranquilizer, laxative. Young leaves and wood contain anthraquinone glycosides. Extracts of young leaves and blooming flowers depress central nervous system.

TRADITIONAL USE: Heartwood;tranquilizer, antipyretic,treatment of venerveal diseases
    Leaf : laxative, treatment of leucorrhea, diuretic
    Flower : antihypertensive, tranquilizer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

REO properties [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to sell reo properties for the banks. Does anyone know whom I need to contact (Department)... I do see the trustees information on the notice of defaults, are these the people to contact or do I go direct to the bank and ask for who? Thanks

Sweating copper to copper valve connections [ 1 Answers ]

I'm replacing my shower with a Moen system that has a Moentrol three function transfer valve Model 3330. The inlet and outlets are copper to copper. Other than removing the cartridges prior to sweating is their any particular trick to heating those connections on the valve? Thanks very much for...

Copper pipes to cpvc: still ground the old copper? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there... again... I have two copper stub outs that come into my garage, one the cold water in, which goes to my waterheater, and one hot water out, to the rest of the house, underground (slab construction). I will be re-plumbing my water heater and adding a bathroom from these lines, but I...

A/C not cooling, Small Copper pipe COLD and Large Copper pipe room temp. [ 4 Answers ]

I just moved into a newly constructed townhome and the a/c units are of course new. The A/c is not cooling at all. The machine inside turns on as well as the one outside. The inside A/C makes a strange sucking sound kind of like if you were sipping something out of a cup with a straw and you ran...

View more questions Search