Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    martinr4 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2008, 01:05 AM
    Wiring a pool timer and switch
    How do I wire a pool timer and a manual on/off switch?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 1, 2008, 08:48 AM
    I have done this many times by just purchaing a heavy duty appliance timer. Your pump would need a plug rather than hard wired itno a circuit, does it have a plug?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pool pump timer [ 1 Answers ]

I had to replace my intermatic timer and had a freeze protector a polaris pump and a pool pump attached to it. My handy man (not an Electrician) hooked up these things to to my intermatic timer and the only thing that works now is the polaris pump (my hayward superpump pool pump is two weeks...

220 Volt Pool Timer [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to install an Intermatic Swimming Pool Mechanical Timer 220V - T104P3 to my exciting pump. I have two live wires coming from the breaker box which I labeled Line 1 & Line 2, there is also a ground wire. Then I have to wires coming from the pump which I labeled Load 1 & Load 2. I have...

How should I set the timer for my pool filter? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a rectangular above ground pool 16 by 24 feet by 4 feet deep. I live in New Hampshire. I have the ability to set the timer for the sand filter to go on and off twice a day. What time would be best to set it for, and for how many total hours per day should the sand filter run?

Wiring a pool pump and switch [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to wire a new switch to my pool pump it is a 230 volt. I have a new switch( 240v 30amp double pole single throw), but I do not know how to connect the wires. I have a red a white and a black wire and a bare wire. The is no designation on the switch as to where which wire should go...

Wiring Timer Clock, Off /On switch to Pool Pump [ 3 Answers ]

I recently replaced an underground electrical line for my pool pump. Now I'm not certain of the hookup from the main power (220)to the timer clock (also 220)into the manual off/on switch mounted in it's own box on the back of the timer box, to the pump motor. Can anyone help me here. It's a single...

View more questions Search