Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Philly08 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2008, 06:53 PM
    What is the chemical equation for calcium nitrate and water?
    ??
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

May 31, 2008, 07:14 PM
    Dear Philly08

There is a special homework board for this type of questions...

Suggestion : start with getting the formulas for calcium nitrate and water mentioned in your question.
    As you do now, you show you are just lazy !

:)
    Philly08 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2008, 04:32 AM
    OK, thank you. I'm new, so I don't really know what I'm doing.
    I need to know the product of CaN2O6 + H2O... (calcium nitrate plus water) I've searched EVERY WHERE!
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2008, 03:48 AM
    I don't think there is much reaction there. Note : Your Calcium nitrate formula should be
    Ca(NO3)2.

Calcium Hydroxide reacts with Nitric Acid as follows:

CaOH + 2HNO3 ---> Ca(NO3)2 + H2O

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What chemical to use for calcium buildup in toilet pipes specifically urinals [ 9 Answers ]

I need to know what chemical will help dissolve calcium deposits from urinal pipes that are in the wall. Here's the story. I work at in a large industrial setting as a janitor and we have the "less famous" waterless urinals and we're finding when we change the "filters" that there is calcium build...

What's the word equation for the thermal decomposition of calcium carbonate? [ 2 Answers ]

What's the word equation for the thermal decomposition of calcium carbonate? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Chemical equation [ 5 Answers ]

Write word equation for: Solid mercury (II) oxide breaks down when heated, forming the elements mercury and oxygen.

Word equation as chemical equation and balance [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me with these. I don't get it.:confused: Aluminum bromide + chlorine yield aluminum chloride +bromine Potassium chlorate when heated yields potassium chloride + oxygen gas Hydrogen +nitrogen monoxide yield water + nitrogen

View more questions Search