Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mobea Posts: 220, Reputation: 15

May 31, 2008, 01:52 PM
    2001 Geo Tracker dies after it's been driven a awhile
    My friend's 2001 Geo Tracker 4 cyl auto runs good but after she drives it for a while and stops , it won't start again until it cools down. It doesn' run hot. And it runs okay while it's running. It just wont's start for a while when she stops for a while. She just had a new fuel filter put on it. I think it might be some kind of module that gets warm and shuts off when she turns the car off and won't start until it cools down. Am I on the right track?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

May 31, 2008, 02:21 PM
    I'm not sure where the problem is. I don't think her car has an Ignition Control Module. That function is likely integrated into the ECM (computer). Also, I don't think there is a coil pack--it likely has coil-on-plugs (COPs). Finally, I don't think there is a main relay, which frequently cause problems in hot weather due to cold solder joints on the PCB.

Try checking for any codes. Crankshaft Position Sensors, because of their vulnerable location, frequently cause problems. It's possible the problem also resides in the ECM, when it gets hot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2001 Honda Civic Sputters & Dies - 122k [ 3 Answers ]

My 2001 Honda Civic w/ 122,000 miles w/ regular maintenance has a phantom issue. About four weeks ago I was on the freeway in normal conditions 60-70 MPH and I lost most of the throttle power to just 1500-2000 rpms at full peddle throttle with an uneven idle & a check engine light on – I pulled...

Car driven without oil cap on [ 8 Answers ]

My son forgot to put the oil cap on my 93 Toyota Celica, and I drove it to work and back (approx 20 miles) before it belched up all the oil. New oil put in, car is holding oil for past 2 days without being driven. Will it be okay to drive and check oil frequently?

Well its been awhile. [ 10 Answers ]

Well its been awhile, but my ex is getting married to the man she left me for in 2 weeks. She has known him for 6 months. She cheated on me with this man. She has only seen him 2 times a month since aug. We have a child and I'm fighitng to keep my son here but I just seem to loose at every turn....

Direct Drive or Belt Driven [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore 80 Series Washer model #110 20872 990. I need to know if it is belt driven or direct drive,

Want to write program to create computer driven car [ 4 Answers ]

How hard would it be to write a program that takes input from 4 wireless high-speed digital video cameras and use it to be able to drive a car? My idea is to write this program, put sensors on the manual controls, and use RC servos to control controls. Use the sensors slaved to another comuter in...

View more questions Search